The Student Room Group

M1 - constant acceleration help???

Hi, I'm doing some problems at the moment from the MEI M1 Constant Acceleration, Section 2 Further examples - Level 2 worksheet! Can someone help me with these problems?

1. A particle accelerates from rest with an acceleration of 2ms^-2 to a speed V. It continues at this speed for time T and then decelerates to rest at 1.5ms^-2. The total time for the motion is 1 minute and the total distance travelled in 1km. Find a value for V (use a velocity time graph to help and be systematic)

~ I've drawn a graph but not sure if its a correct representation??
Capture.PNG

2. A ball is thrown vertically upwards at 25ms^-1. Find the length of time for which the ball is above 3m from the point of projection.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by R2-D2
Hi, I'm doing some problems at the moment from the MEI M1 Constant Acceleration, Section 2 Further examples - Level 2 worksheet! Can someone help me with these problems?

1. A particle accelerates from rest with an acceleration of 2ms^-2 to a speed V. It continues at this speed for time T and then decelerates to rest at 1.5ms^-2. The total time for the motion is 1 minute and the total distance travelled in 1km. Find a value for V (use a velocity time graph to help and be systematic)

~ I've drawn a graph but not sure if its a correct representation??
Capture.PNG

2. A ball is thrown vertically upwards at 25ms^-1. Find the length of time for which the ball is above 3m from the point of projection.

You are missing a bit in the middle where 'it continues at speed V...'

Quick Reply

Latest