Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I'm currently apply for the Educational Psychology course 2018 intake, and needed some advice for the personal statement. The last time I wrote a personal statement was for my undergraduate course 4 years ago so i'm a bit rusty. I've read that they want you to include applications of psychologial theory ( I assume part of this is what you've learnt in work experience), and knowledge of the UK education system, however I have no clue on what sorts of things I should write about the education system. Should this statment also include references to outside of academia interests, as for my undergraduate one I wrote about my hobbies and interests. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    In reality, you don't really have space to talk about hobbies

You should talk about your awareness of the EP role, application of psychology in your current role and skills that you have that are helpful when considering training to be an EP. I would say those are the most important things to consider in the PS, but you may also be able to imply things about the UK education system through that as well. In terms of specific things about the UK education system, if you have read about any recent changes/innovations within education, you could talk about those, but I wouldn't say there's set things to mention

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.