Postgraduate Educational Psychology personal statement Watch

Jyoti4
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello, I'm currently apply for the Educational Psychology course 2018 intake, and needed some advice for the personal statement. The last time I wrote a personal statement was for my undergraduate course 4 years ago so i'm a bit rusty. I've read that they want you to include applications of psychologial theory ( I assume part of this is what you've learnt in work experience), and knowledge of the UK education system, however I have no clue on what sorts of things I should write about the education system. Should this statment also include references to outside of academia interests, as for my undergraduate one I wrote about my hobbies and interests. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you!
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
In reality, you don't really have space to talk about hobbies

You should talk about your awareness of the EP role, application of psychology in your current role and skills that you have that are helpful when considering training to be an EP. I would say those are the most important things to consider in the PS, but you may also be able to imply things about the UK education system through that as well. In terms of specific things about the UK education system, if you have read about any recent changes/innovations within education, you could talk about those, but I wouldn't say there's set things to mention
Emmaasleigh456
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey, are you able to give me any personal statement advice for educational psychology? What experience you need etc?
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Emmaasleigh456)
Hey, are you able to give me any personal statement advice for educational psychology? What experience you need etc?
See above for PS advice. You need at least 1-2 years full time paid work with children and young people with special needs really
mthx47
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Hi,Out of interest, did you get in? Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Nov '19
  • University of Hull
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties - Undergraduate and Postgraduate Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (33)
18.23%
Unconditional if firmed (14)
7.73%
Unconditional if insurance (1)
0.55%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (3)
1.66%
No unconditional offers (130)
71.82%

Watched Threads