Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

is it bad that i've cut so many people out my life? Watch

hi, i'm 20 and have applied to go to uni next year. i'm really hoping this will be a fresh start for me as i absolutely hate where i live currently. i've lived here my whole life and have lost a lot of friends and have a lot of history with people here. it's gotten to the point where i'm so full of anxiety i can't even go into town anymore in fear that i'll bump into people i know. i've cut pretty much everyone out of my life except two of my friends i work with because they made me feel like ****. i'm just hoping this year goes fast so i can get to uni and make new friends. am i being unrealistic? and is it bad that i've cut off so many people. i get messages every day from people i used to go to college with and stuff asking where i am and why i don't hang out with them and i just ignore them :/

Part of me wants to :five: you, but!

You don't need to burn all your bridges, you know? For one thing, what do you hope to do in the time before uni starts?

By all means, embrace the prospect of a fresh start, but I don't think it's entirely helpful to leave everyone from your past (or present, I suppose) behind, though I can totally understand why you would want to avoid people who make you feel bad.

Did you like spending time with any of the people who contact you? You could try responding to them and see what happens

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 3, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.