Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, was wondering whether I should consider applying for 2018 entry to the A100 course at Bristol university?

Stats:
    GCSE: 11A* 2A 1B
    AS: AAAA Bio Chem Maths Physics
    A2 pred: A*A*A* Bio Chem Maths
    Would this be good enough? For personal statemtn not really sure what Bristol wants, And apparently this makes it notoriously hard to get into because they're so vague with PS. I've been volunteering for a year at a nursing home, as well as around 2 weeks in hospitals, 2 weeks at a lab and 2 weeks at a nursing centre.

Would this be okay?

ReputationRep:
    Do you specifically really love Bristol? With your excellent statistics, there are many other universities that would guarantee an interview. Bristol places heavy emphasis on the personal statement, which is definitely subjective. It's almost like a roll of the dice. There's no guarantee that you will get an interview at Bristol. What is your ukcat score if you don't mind me asking? It's not about the amount of work experience, but what you learn from it. Just follow their guidelines for how to write the personal statement. It is vague because there are a variety of skills and experiences that people can have. Many people with lower ukcat scores will confide in Bristol as a last chance. Hope that helped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcaneMists)
    Do you specifically really love Bristol? With your excellent statistics, there are many other universities that would guarantee an interview. Bristol places heavy emphasis on the personal statement, which is definitely subjective. It's almost like a roll of the dice. There's no guarantee that you will get an interview at Bristol. What is your ukcat score if you don't mind me asking? It's not about the amount of work experience, but what you learn from it. Just follow their guidelines for how to write the personal statement. It is vague because there are a variety of skills and experiences that people can have. Many people with lower ukcat scores will confide in Bristol as a last chance. Hope that helped.
    Thanks for your reply! I have a ukcat score of 720? But ive decided that Bristol is a shot in the dark - and I don't think my personal statement will cater to what they want.
    So im probably not going to apply, but again thanks for your reply.

ReputationRep:
    I would like to apply to Bristol.
    My stats:
    Gcses 8A*s 3As
    A levels AAA
    UKCAT 610! SIT band 1

Do you think this is good enough? I understand the PS is the most important but in the process of choosing applicants how much weighting is the ukcat given? Will my one get me through, that's if my PS is good?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 10rw123)
    I would like to apply to Bristol.
    My stats:
    Gcses 8A*s 3As
    A levels AAA
    UKCAT 610! SIT band 1

Do you think this is good enough? I understand the PS is the most important but in the process of choosing applicants how much weighting is the ukcat given? Will my one get me through, that's if my PS is good?
    Thanks
    Yes a good personal statement will be crucial. I don't remember if they still score GCSEs.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcaneMists)
    Yes a good personal statement will be crucial. I don't remember if they still score GCSEs.
    Thanks you.
    I'm trying to find other places to apply to. I've got Cardiff and Bristol so far. Any other places?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 10rw123)
    Thanks you.
    I'm trying to find other places to apply to. I've got Cardiff and Bristol so far. Any other places?
    Consider Keele, perhaps Leicester, Birmingham.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rj2018)
    Hi all, was wondering whether I should consider applying for 2018 entry to the A100 course at Bristol university?

Stats:
    GCSE: 11A* 2A 1B
    AS: AAAA Bio Chem Maths Physics
    A2 pred: A*A*A* Bio Chem Maths
    Would this be good enough? For personal statemtn not really sure what Bristol wants, And apparently this makes it notoriously hard to get into because they're so vague with PS. I've been volunteering for a year at a nursing home, as well as around 2 weeks in hospitals, 2 weeks at a lab and 2 weeks at a nursing centre.

Would this be okay?
    This can't be a serious question

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.