Turn on thread page Beta

Can't apply online on student finance application watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm an italian girl, I'd like to study in UK for the year 2018 at UAL. I ask them how can I request a student loan and they send me to the site of gov.uk BUT it told me that I can't apply online because I don't live in UK for long enough.

How can I do?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by FraCru)
    Hi,
    I'm an italian girl, I'd like to study in UK for the year 2018 at UAL. I ask them how can I request a student loan and they send me to the site of gov.uk BUT it told me that I can't apply online because I don't live in UK for long enough.

How can I do?
    Applications for 2018 finance are not open yet.

EU students apply using a paper form for a tuition fee loan. That pays for your tuition fees. EU students who don’t live/work in the uk aren’t eligible for the second loan to cover living costs.

ReputationRep:
    Hello I'm lost also here as I am EU citizen from Lithuania, can you explain abit more? When does it open and how to 'apply using paper form'? I lived in uk for 4 years although they still say I haven't lived her long enough...Whats going to happened next? thank you!!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Felicija)
    Hello I'm lost also here as I am EU citizen from Lithuania, can you explain abit more? When does it open and how to 'apply using paper form'? I lived in uk for 4 years although they still say I haven't lived her long enough...Whats going to happened next? thank you!!
    Hi Felicija,

Applications for the next academic year will not be available until next year, usually February or March time. You will be able to download the EU application from the GOV.UK website when they are available .
    If you are an EU national you have to be resident in the UK for 5 Years prior to the start of the first day of the first academic year of your course to be eligible to apply to Student Finance England for Maintenance Loan .
    If you are an EU national working in the UK and can provided evidence of employment and be able to provide evidence that you will be employed throughout your studies, you maybe able to apply as a Migrant worker Student to Student Finance England for Maintenance Loan.

Thanks

Louise

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I have a similar problem. I have tried to apply online for academic year 2017/2018-because my course start within a few days-,and at the end same thing:I can not apply online,because I am not living here long enough. I am EU citizen,I am living here since 2011. I am a continuing student. I finished my 2 year in last december for certificate-waiting for results-and now I want to go to 3rd year,for the diploma in same collage,same campus. What can I do now?Thank you
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by AnitaSorani)
    Hi! I have a similar problem. I have tried to apply online for academic year 2017/2018-because my course start within a few days-,and at the end same thing:I can not apply online,because I am not living here long enough. I am EU citizen,I am living here since 2011. I am a continuing student. I finished my 2 year in last december for certificate-waiting for results-and now I want to go to 3rd year,for the diploma in same collage,same campus. What can I do now?Thank you
    Hi Anita,

I just have a question regarding that issue.

How far into the application are you getting before you come across this issue?

Thank you,

John.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.