bubbleteabella
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm in year 9. I picked my GCSEs already, and I'm not doing a language. I was wondering if I could do French as an extra GCSE? I heard that you can pay an exam fee and do the exam, but I'm not sure! I'm confident I want to do this, despite knowing it could be difficult. Any tips? I know I should talk to my languages department but when should I ask? Thanks!
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by bubbleteabella)
I'm in year 9. I picked my GCSEs already, and I'm not doing a language. I was wondering if I could do French as an extra GCSE? I heard that you can pay an exam fee and do the exam, but I'm not sure! I'm confident I want to do this, despite knowing it could be difficult. Any tips? I know I should talk to my languages department but when should I ask? Thanks!
Talk to your language department/ head of year if you wish to do an extra GCSE. They may or may not allow it. make sure you feel able to cope with the extra work.. Its useful but not essential, so imo if you really want to and you have an aptitude for it.

You can also ask your exam officer if you can enter as a private candidate at your school.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (72)
28.35%
England (86)
33.86%
Belgium (20)
7.87%
Germany (31)
12.2%
Spain (3)
1.18%