Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I am taking a gap yaar and was wondering if anyone knew which uni's are best to apply to with the A levels of A*A*A. I did ok in my GCSE's , but am struggling to find Med schools which look at achieved A level's more than GCSE's. I got 685 in UKCAT.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    honestly you seem in a comfortable position for most med schools, what are your gcses like? if you've got majority as and a*s medical schools are likely to look over it due to your achieved a level grades
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Exeter places high emphasis on achieved/predicted grades. A*A*A puts you at tier 2, which is a relatively comfortable position.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by totodile)
    honestly you seem in a comfortable position for most med schools, what are your gcses like? if you've got majority as and a*s medical schools are likely to look over it due to your achieved a level grades
    ah thats good to know, I got 4A* 2A and 4B, but have the english language requirements so hopefully that is all they will really take into account?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcaneMists)
    Exeter places high emphasis on achieved/predicted grades. A*A*A puts you at tier 2, which is a relatively comfortable position.
    Thanks, Exeter definitely looks like a good shout.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j_p123)
    ah thats good to know, I got 4A* 2A and 4B, but have the english language requirements so hopefully that is all they will really take into account?!
    I think Liverpool could also be a good place to consider, my friend had less A* and a lower UKCAT and got in last year, although he did have tonnes of work exp/extra curricular

ReputationRep:
    Yea Liverpool is definitely going to be one of my choices, applied last year but got rejected with a worse UKCAT and just GCSE’s so hopefully more lucky this year.

ReputationRep:
    Look at King’s, Cardiff, Exeter, most likely get an interview at St. George’s and if you’re doing the bmat, any bmat uni perhaps minus oxford

Congrats on the excellent grades

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I can’t find anything on St George’s website about how they look at achieved A levels only GCSE’s, so am slightly sceptical about them...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 4, 2017
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.