Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got 4A*'s and 6A's for gcse but i feel like this is not enough. Did people get in with these grades.
    Also should I consider R2P/ A2B to help me access the course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PursuingMedicine)
    I got 4A*'s and 6A's for gcse but i feel like this is not enough. Did people get in with these grades.
    Also should I consider R2P/ A2B to help me access the course.
    First of all, congrats on your excellent GCSEs. Birmingham considers GCSEs along with UKCAT. You can visit their site and use their offer calculator to check your chances. If you achieve 7.5+, I would say that you have an excellent chance for an interview.

ReputationRep:
    It would be difficult to say, as you can't use the offer calculator without a UKCAT score.

Applicants interviewed at Birmingham generally have a score of 7 or higher out of 10.

GCSEs count for 70% and UKCAT 30%

Since I don't know the grades of the individuals subjects, you need to calculate your total points using the method outlined in the link below:
    http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/schools/...alculator.aspx

It can only be concluded that you should perform as well as you can in your UKCAT to maximise your chances.

Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    as long as you meet minimum requirements its okay

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your reply 😊 I will try that
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.