Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I want to study Industrial Design / Product Design (without a maths or Science subject) at University next year and here are my top 5 choices in order (i know the unis wont know where ive ranked them on my list):

Brunel University (Industrial Design)
    Loughborough University (Industrial Design)
    UAL ( Product Design)
    Nottingham Trent University (Product Design)
    Northumbria (im putting this as #5 because its too far away but i will be studying Design for Industry)

Loooking at my list is it good?

Are there any other good unis i havent listed?

I want something when coming out of uni, going to one which isnt reputable and wont land me a good job wouldnt be worth my time so all the help would be appreciated, thanks.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superdrilles)
    I want to study Industrial Design / Product Design (without a maths or Science subject) at University next year and here are my top 5 choices in order (i know the unis wont know where ive ranked them on my list):

UAL ( Product Design)
    Northumbria (im putting this as #5 because its too far away but i will be studying Design for Industry)

I want something when coming out of uni, going to one which isnt reputable and wont land me a good job wouldnt be worth my time so all the help would be appreciated, thanks.
    Hi Superdrilles

Great to hear that you're interested in applying to NTU!

I know a few people who are studying Product Design and they absolutely love the course.

On both of our Product Design courses, BSc Sandwich (Hons) and BA (Hons) 100% of our full-time students are in work or further study, just six months after graduating (DLHE 2015-2016).

Recent graduate destinations have included:
    . TATA
    . Cummins Ltd
    . Nestlé
    . Mothercare

In your third year, you'll have an opportunity to take a year-long, full-time placement. NTU is ranked first in the UK for the number of year-long placement undergraduates studying design-related courses (HESA 2015-16).

This will give you real, hands-on experience within the industry, opening up exciting opportunities for future employment.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions

Chris - NTU Rep

Connect with NTU
    Keep up with our daily stories on Facebook.

Follow our Twitter for student news.

Explore our campuses with Instagram.

See what life at NTU is like on our Youtube.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superdrilles)

UAL ( Product Design)

Hello Superdrilles,

You may want to consider Ravensbourne! We have Product design course here you might want to consider.

The Product Design course here focuses on the design aspects of the products as well the research and if you have any problems on the way, the teaching staff are around to help! If none are around, you can go to the library which you can find books and materials to help you out. The staff there are lovely as well and help you find what you need. If you have any problems on campus or unsure on where to go or who you need help from, you can go to student services or give them a call.

I personally study Design & Coding, but I my course involves a lot of work with the product design course. If I were to change course I would study that here instead, but I love my course as it combines both programming and product design in to one course, and there is a huge amount of job prospects for me out there with those skills.

I highly recommend coming to an open day to find out first hand what Ravensbourne is like!

Hope this helps,
    Michail

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield Hallam has a BA/BSc Product Design that scored higher in the 2017 NSS for student's satisfaction with the quality of the course. Check out unistats.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.