Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I want to do either physics or aerospace engineering at university. I was leaning more towards aerospace until I realised I don't have anything engineering based to write down for my personal statement, compared to lots of things for a physics personal statement, for example telescope work at a local university, awards for physics and physics books having been read.

Does this mean I should probably apply for a physics degree? I'd be more than happy to do it, I just think aerospace would be a better degree to do career wise. What jobs do people with physics degrees get?

ReputationRep:
    definitely choose the one you're most interested in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by United2810)
    I want to do either physics or aerospace engineering at university. I was leaning more towards aerospace until I realised I don't have anything engineering based to write down for my personal statement, compared to lots of things for a physics personal statement, for example telescope work at a local university, awards for physics and physics books having been read. Does this mean I should probably apply for a physics degree? I'd be more than happy to do it, I just think aerospace would be a better degree to do career wise. What jobs do people with physics degrees get?
    As mentioned, do what you ENJOY because this is what you'll be studying for the next 3 years. Forget about the choosing a course because you're able to do a more relevant personal statement to one than the other unless you feel like physics is really your main interest based on what you've written.

I'm studying aerospace engineering and it's very heavy on physics (and maths) of course as you would usually expect so my question to you is, have a look around the course structure of aerospace engineering, look at the modules, is there anything familiar that you may have come across in a book you've read that seems to be similar in the course involved? Physics is very heavy in engineering so you aren't far off with what you've done perhaps.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Does this mean I should probably apply for a physics degree? I'd be more than happy to do it, I just think aerospace would be a better degree to do career wise. What jobs do people with physics degrees get?
    Not at all. As others have said, apply to the one you want to do the most. For engineering, your PS doesn't have to be littered with relevant experience, hobbies, extra curriculars, etc. - what primarily matters is your grades and subjects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    Not at all. As others have said, apply to the one you want to do the most. For engineering, your PS doesn't have to be littered with relevant experience, hobbies, extra curriculars, etc. - what primarily matters is your grades and subjects.
    So what should I write about in my PS about engineering? Just general stuff?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    So what should I write about in my PS about engineering? Just general stuff?
    Why you want to study engineering and why you want to be an engineer. Why you'd be well suited to it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.