Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do UK universities credit previous overseas uni experience? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi! My name is Izzy and I'm from Australia. The academic year here is different to the UK so I completed a semester of my degree (Bachelor of Laws (LLB)) in the first half of 2017. I didn't enrol for second semester because I'm applying to UCAS and preparing for the LNAT. I was just wondering if my previous uni experience would have any bearing on the selection process. Thank you in advance!
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by j.isabeldeleon)
    Hi! My name is Izzy and I'm from Australia. The academic year here is different to the UK so I completed a semester of my degree (Bachelor of Laws (LLB)) in the first half of 2017. I didn't enrol for second semester because I'm applying to UCAS and preparing for the LNAT. I was just wondering if my previous uni experience would have any bearing on the selection process. Thank you in advance!
    No, especially if you didnt sit any exams. Its possible to mention it briefly in your ps, (as in what motivated you to change) but I probably wouldnt. TSR offers a ps review service for free if you have something like 100 posts, so you can get an experienced person to look at it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    No, especially if you didnt sit any exams. Its possible to mention it briefly in your ps, (as in what motivated you to change) but I probably wouldnt. TSR offers a ps review service for free if you have something like 100 posts, so you can get an experienced person to look at it.
    Thanks for the reply! I completed one semester and got my GPA for it, so I mentioned it briefly in my PS. Is that all g?
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by j.isabeldeleon)
    Thanks for the reply! I completed one semester and got my GPA for it, so I mentioned it briefly in my PS. Is that all g?
    I would think so. Remember they are most interested in why you want to be a student of the subject i,e academic motivations. A lot of those would be similar/ the same to why you applied to do the LLB in Oz. You can also use your change as a positive. Think it sounds fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    I would think so. Remember they are most interested in why you want to be a student of the subject i,e academic motivations. A lot of those would be similar/ the same to why you applied to do the LLB in Oz. You can also use your change as a positive. Think it sounds fine.
    Thank you so much for your help!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.