Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's your biggest food pet peeve? Watch

• TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    As simple as the title, what's your pet peeve when it comes to food? :holmes:

Mine is definitely that so many vegetarian things have tomato in... maybe it's a little petty on my behalf, but it gets very frustrating when you don't like raw/whole tomato and it's in everything! ;p
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)

Mine is definitely that so many vegetarian things have tomato in... maybe it's a little petty on my behalf, but it gets very frustrating when you don't like raw/whole tomato and it's in everything! ;p
    When a wrap falls apart after taking a bite.

Or when someone takes my food without asking
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    When there are no orange rolos in the packet. Always green. not good.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    When you order a burger or wrap and the whole thing falls apart. I usually end up eating so much, the thing falls apart, eat the bun and then the burger.

I'm surprised I don't end up wearing any of it! :lol:

When it comes to desserts and you order something like a brownie with ice cream. But it also has to come with sprinkles and a million and one other things. Why?! I just want a brownie with some ice cream. please!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    When you ask for normal Irn Bru/Coke/Pepsi and end up getting the diet versions instead

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    when the portions are tiny. and you payed so much
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    People touching my damn food!

ReputationRep:
    When you order food and you get those people that want to share everything. NO!!!! Yes, I know my food looks/smells nice, that's why I f***ing got it!! Though, at least with these people, you can say no without feeling guilty - the worst ones are those that you ask "I'm ordering from [insert name of takeaway], do you want anything?" and they say no... then when it comes they want some of your food and you have to give them a bit because you feel like a greedy pig if you just eat it all to yourself
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Ordered a burger last week. "sorry, but we're out onion rings. but we can offer you vegetables instead". What sort of substitute is that, seriously?!
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Salted caramel that isn't actually salty. Just call it caramel and stop wasting everybody's time.

ReputationRep:
    When the muppets at KFC aren't capable of reading an order properly and putting the correct items in a paper bag

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)

The fact almost everything nowadays has to contain milk, when it doesn't need to, you can't even by a pack beef flavour crisps without milk being in the ingredients. I myself am not allergic to milk but many people are so it really restricts their diet and they can't even enjoy a packet of beef crisps.

ReputationRep:
    uggh so much vegetarian food is cheese- biggest pet peeve

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.