Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I feel I will never get a girlfriend. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm shy so my social life is non existent. I'm worried that I won't get a girlfriend because my sixth form is only a small one and all the girls there are either lesbian or already in a relationship. I have anxiety so saying things like put yourself out there is hard for me to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks David.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Being in a relationship is overrated tbh :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsMars)
    Being in a relationship is overrated tbh :lol:
    So I'm not missing out on much?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    How old are you?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by David Essex)
    So I'm not missing out on much?
    No way :lol:

ReputationRep:
    You could try meeting friends of friends (like a party or a big group hangout) or going to volunteering/clubs? To be honest, after school, you will meet so many more people so don't feel restricted to find someone at your college at this moment. The right girl is probably someone else you will meet after school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    How old are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesecakelove)
    You could try meeting friends of friends (like a party or a big group hangout) or going to volunteering/clubs? To be honest, after school, you will meet so many more people so don't feel restricted to find someone at your college at this moment. The right girl is probably someone else you will meet after school.
    Thanks! I hope so!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    So at the age of 16, how have you reached the conclusion that you'll never get a girlfriend?

You seem so fixated on getting a girlfriend, thread after thread on different accounts. Work on yourself first, make new friends and focus on your exams (GCSEs/A-Levels). You can get girls later.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    So at the age of 16, how have you reached the conclusion that you'll never get a girlfriend?

You seem so fixated on getting a girlfriend, thread after thread on different accounts. Work on yourself first, make new friends and focus on your exams (GCSEs/A-Levels). You can get girls later.
    Yeah I guess I'm over exaggerating. I'm not neglecting my studies with the whole girlfriend thing, good grades come first.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I guess I'm over exaggerating. I'm not neglecting my studies with the whole girlfriend thing, good grades come first.
    You talk a lot about how shy and quiet you are and how you don't know what to do with girls. This is fine because everyone starts somewhere but when it's the focus of your life and start pitying yourself, it becomes unhealthy. Girls like a confident person, if you are shy and quiet then either embrace it or take steps to improve it. But at your age, you are still learning and meeting new people by normal means (school for example) so don't worry about it, seriously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    You talk a lot about how shy and quiet you are and how you don't know what to do with girls. This is fine because everyone starts somewhere but when it's the focus of your life and start pitying yourself, it becomes unhealthy. Girls like a confident person, if you are shy and quiet then either embrace it or take steps to improve it. But at your age, you are still learning and meeting new people by normal means (school for example) so don't worry about it, seriously.
    Thanks! I was thinking about seeing a doctor about it because it can get quite bad at times.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm shy so my social life is non existent. I'm worried that I won't get a girlfriend because my sixth form is only a small one and all the girls there are either lesbian or already in a relationship. I have anxiety so saying things like put yourself out there is hard for me to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks David.
    women are not worth it.

they will watch netflix all day and spend all your money whilst wearing cheap make up

travel the world climbing mountains.
    help out in an orphanage in Romania or Bosnia where thousands of children need help.
    you will be a lot happier

you already know how to become more attractive ,
    dress better,
    get a better haircut,
    work out,
    eat better,
    don't be needy
    have interesting hobbies
    learn about having good posture and voice tone,
    etc
    and you become attractive.

life is simple

ReputationRep:
    Listen man, in this feminist age, women are too much of a hassle for being in a relationship with so what you should be doing is to only seek sex from them. So do your own research on how to seduce women so you know the basics of how to attract women. Why are you asking people on TSR, most guys here also dont know how to attract women.

ReputationRep:
    Just w**k tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acend1992)
    women are not worth it.

they will watch netflix all day and spend all your money whilst wearing cheap make up

help out in an orphanage in Romania or Bosnia where thousands of children need help.

dress better,
    get a better haircut,
    work out,
    eat better,
    don't be needy
    have interesting hobbies
    etc

life is simple
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masstech)
    Listen man, in this feminist age, women are too much of a hassle for being in a relationship with so what you should be doing is to only seek sex from them. So do your own research on how to seduce women so you know the basics of how to attract women. Why are you asking people on TSR, most guys here also dont know how to attract women.
    Haha OK thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by math42)
    Just w**k tbh
    I'm think that's the best option haha
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Relax, you're very very young and have plenty of time to be in a relationship!

As you get older you could try doing online dating, speed dating, joining clubs which interest you, through education, through your network (family, friends, acquaintances), through work or approaching females.

Hit the gym, the way you look and feel about yourself has a huge impact on your confidence, self esteem levels.

Also dress well, groom well, have a good hairstyle, have confident body language, have good posture, all these things make a difference.

I hope this helps:

1) Relax, imagine you're just observing or there as a traveller. For example, if you are on holiday, you go there to experience and observe the attraction, you're not going to get anxious doing that are you?

2) Smile, smiling in contagious.

3) Be confident, respect yourself, accept yourself, work out, wear good clothes, feel good, focus on your passions, know you are a good person who treats people well, think positively, be proud of yourself, do things that make you happy, remember your happy times, what makes you confident? What makes you proud? Do you have a skill you are good at? Do things like cooking, driving, learning that increases your confidence daily.

Have good posture, body language, improve your appearance.

4) Dress well, have good grooming, hairstyle, have good posture.

5) Just say hi or hey to people in your vicinity, who cares if they don't say anything back?

6) Ask how they are, how's everything, what made them choose this course, their plans for the future, their plans for the rest of the day, weekend, how was their weekend, what they will get up to, what they got up to, ask them about their hobbies, talk about what's happening.

Talk about the weather or did you see that sports game? Just mingle with them,

compliment them, say "I like your jacket". If you know they went on a holiday or somewhere, ask them about it etc.

7) Be passionate about life.

8) Lighten up, have a laugh, laugh easily, be friendly, approachable, interested, relaxed.

9) Look outside!

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acend1992)
    women are not worth it.

dress better,
    get a better haircut,
    work out,
    eat better,
    don't be needy
    have interesting hobbies
    etc

life is simple
    This was weirdly specific

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 12, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.