Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I want to study Vet Med, but i don't think my chances of getting in in the UK are high, so where could i go in Europe where they teach in english??
    Im having trouble finding them!

ReputationRep:
    Have a read of the UVM Kosice thread in this forum. That seems to be recommended by most who look to go abroad.

(Original post by anniefeatherhop)
    I want to study Vet Med, but i don't think my chances of getting in in the UK are high, so where could i go in Europe where they teach in english??
    Im having trouble finding them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by animalmagic)
    Have a read of the UVN Kosice thread in this forum. That seems to be recommended by most who look to go abroad.
    Thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    wait, just to clarify,
    UVM is for undergrad right?
    But how do i prepare for the entry exam? and when and where do i take it..??

ReputationRep:
    They do a 4 year graduate course and a 6 year undergraduate course. You take the exam in Kosice and it is biology and chemistry questions to A level standard as far as I understand (unless this has changed, I am reading the thread and have got to 2011!).

wait, just to clarify,
    UVM is for undergrad right?
    But how do i prepare for the entry exam? and when and where do i take it..??

ReputationRep:
    They do a 4 year graduate course and a 6 year undergraduate course. You take the exam in Kosice and it is biology and chemistry questions to A level standard as far as I understand (unless this has changed, I am reading the thread and have got to 2011!).
    Oh okay, got it.
    Thank you so much!
    But if i do study in Kosice, wouldnt it be difficult to get around because idk anything about the language...

ReputationRep:
    The course is taught in English and the language doesn't seem to cause a problem socially. I would recommend you have a good read through the thread as it is really informative

Oh okay, got it.
    Thank you so much!
    But if i do study in Kosice, wouldnt it be difficult to get around because idk anything about the language...

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay, got it.
    Thank you so much!
    Loads of English students go to Kosice, it’s English taught and the two that I know that are there love it and haven’t had any problems with the language barrier at all. Don’t let the fact it’s a different country put you off at all. Why do you think you’ll have no chance in the UK?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    The course is taught in English and the language doesn't seem to cause a problem socially. I would recommend you have a good read through the thread as it is really informative
    Alright, thank you so much! really appreciate it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizziefickling)
    Loads of English students go to Kosice, it’s English taught and the two that I know that are there love it and haven’t had any problems with the language barrier at all. Don’t let the fact it’s a different country put you off at all. Why do you think you’ll have no chance in the UK?
    Okay thats good, thank you!
    I know i cant get into the UK because my chemistry grade is too low, im at a 5 when i should be at a 6..
    I love chemistry, i really do.. in class i do great i understand and ask questions, i study but in the exam... its a completely different story and i have no idea why its like that.. even though ive seen the questions from the question bank i still geet them wrong, so idk what to do about that

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.