Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've started studying BA Media Communications. It's only been 3 days of University (UAL - LCC) and I feel a lot of emotions right now. I feel nervous, its hard to approach people and after seeing that my course consists of a lot of theory and writing has really made me feel that I have chosen the wrong course.

My story so far is that I haven't been in any kind of study for the up to nearly 2 years. I also chose a wrong course 2 years ago (Bsc Games Design) which means I've wasted my first year of financing (also a dded a overpayment of grant and loan). I dropped out the first time due to pressure in not knowing what course I wanted to do and was not aware of the risks of dropping out and paying an overpayment. I feel like I keep choosing the wrong subject areas that are difficult for my level no matter how much time I need to think about my career in the future.

What should I do? Should I give this course a go and and see how my first term works out? Or should should I drop out? Which is probably the most riskiest move as I won't be able to study at undergraduate level anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Give it a little longer. Once you settle and make friends it may get better
    The financial implications are large in this case so persevere a bit longer
    You could study again but you’d have to bear the cost yourself

ReputationRep:
    I should bear it for this term and see how things go.
    If I were to drop out, I would only have 2 years of funding from SF/SLC and then the last year would be on me to pay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammylou40)
    Give it a little longer. Once you settle and make friends it may get better
    The financial implications are large in this case so persevere a bit longer
    You could study again but you’d have to bear the cost yourself
    Could I still apply for a foundation degree? I haven't been productive or studied in these 2 years, would this be the best way to get back into study

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jxet)
    Could I still apply for a foundation degree? I haven't been productive or studied in these 2 years, would this be the best way to get back into study
    On that I really can’t help. I’m sure others will come along who can or alternatively you could speak to a careers advisor/student support. Better to have the correct advice than a best guess here

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 4, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.