Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Any Manics/Stereophonics fans? Watch

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I'm not really expecting any replies. I'm just wondering if I actually find Manic Street Preachers and/or Stereophonics fans? I don't really listen to rock music or metal, but I don't mind alternative rock as such. Nobody at my school has really heard of Manic Street Preachers, which is a shame because they're Welsh (like me) and they're from a village called Blackwood...literally about 10 minutes from where I live, if that. And the 'Phonics have some decent music too. Still don't know anybody who really listens to their music though.
    I don't mind mainstream music, but the amount of chart singles I like decreases with every year. In case anybody's wondering what other artists I like though, I dig Ed Sheeran and Sam Smith, personally; for mainstream artists, they have decent music, and Sam has an amazing voice! Never used to be keen on Adele but she also sings brilliantly. Not really into Little Mix, Taylor Swift or artists like that...especially not Drake. I can dig the occasional chart hit, but there's no particular artist I could pinpoint and say I'm a fan of.
    Back to the point though: if you actually happen to be a fan of Manics/Stereophonics, please feel free to comment. I'd love to talk to someone with a mutual interest of these bands.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a fan of both!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayAceAro)
    I'm a fan of both!!!
    Noice! What are your favourite albums from the bands? For me, it would be The Holy Bible/Journal For Plague Lovers by Manic Street Preachers and Graffiti on The Train by Stereophonics.

ReputationRep:
    Manics were my only source of comfort when I was super ill during my teenage years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bones-mccoy)
    Manics were my only source of comfort when I was super ill during my teenage years
    While I'm sorry to hear you were ill, I'm glad to hear their music gave you comfort.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hey_Its_Cerian)
    While I'm sorry to hear you were ill, I'm glad to hear their music gave you comfort.
    Yeah, it was Richey more than anything. His words and lyrics reached out to me when I was myself going through depression, anxiety and self harm, it felt like I finally had someone who understood. It also led me to join on online community, through which I've met some of my best friends who I'm still close to many years later. We all sort of came together with our various problems, and all found solace in the music and interviews.

The Manics have done a lot for me without even realising. The only problem I have now is that I can't listen to them anymore without feeling a sense of sadness for what I, and Richey and my friends went through. Albums like The Holy Bible are just too intense for me to listen to on a daily basis anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Not going to lie, I was probably more excited than I should've been when I saw the news on Twitter that Manics were releasing their new album next April. However, that's not the only big news; turns out I've got tickets to see the 'Phonics at Cardiff next June! So excited right now.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 20, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.