Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Predicted Vs Offer Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I have predicted grades A*A*A in biology chemistry and maths.
    When medical schools set offers do they use predicted grades to set offers? Say if the standard offer for medical schools I'm applying to is AAA/A*AA and they see my predicted on UCAS, would they increase my offer as a challenge or because if my predicted say that, then they think I have the ability to achieve it?

I'm applying to Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool and Keele/Leicester.

I'm worried if my predicted's will cause medical schools to overshoot my offers. In the end, I don't want to miss a uni offer due to higher offer requirements if something goes wrong.

Thank you!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MezmorisedPotato)
    Hello!

I have predicted grades A*A*A in biology chemistry and maths.
    When medical schools set offers do they use predicted grades to set offers? Say if the standard offer for medical schools I'm applying to is AAA/A*AA and they see my predicted on UCAS, would they increase my offer as a challenge or because if my predicted say that, then they think I have the ability to achieve it?

I'm applying to Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool and Keele/Leicester.

I'm worried if my predicted's will cause medical schools to overshoot my offers. In the end, I don't want to miss a uni offer due to higher offer requirements if something goes wrong.

Thank you!
    Unis have so many applicants and a limited amount of time so no they're not sitting there thinking lets set this person a challenge. They make offers based on the standard of applications. Yes they will look at your predicted grades when deciding whether to make you an offer or not but no they won't single you out because you have good predicted grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    Unis have so many applicants and a limited amount of time so no they're not sitting there thinking lets set this person a challenge. They make offers based on the standard of applications. Yes they will look at your predicted grades when deciding whether to make you an offer or not but no they won't single you out because you have good predicted grades.
    Thank You, I worried whether they'd give me a higher offer due to my higher predicted grades.
    I also contacted admissions for the unis I'm applying to, to confirm they don't do that. They also told me the unis only give standard offer which are the minimum grades listed on their page for medicine required.

Our teachers told us they do base offer grades required on predicted grades( eg if predicted A*A*A then A*A*A offer) but I guess they were wrong.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.