Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Thousands of Muslims march against terrorism in London Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hardly any media coverage from BBC, Sky, Channel 4 or ITV. Just the independent, Metro and Daily Mail have reported on this massive gathering of protesters against Islamic terrorism. If things like this don't get reported obviously people are going to think "Muslims aren't standing up against terrorism" when a lot of them clearly are. Besides, you can't expect them all to come and protest against terror, they are also ordinary people with jobs to do and families to look after, not everyone has time.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously the typical Islamophobes on here are going to either remain silent or say that we're not doing enough. Nothing will ever be enough for them until the religion of Islam is either changed or destroyed, that's their real aim. They don't care about us ordinary people, me or you. They aim to spread hate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    Hardly any media coverage from BBC, Sky, Channel 4 or ITV. Just the independent, Metro and Daily Mail have reported on this massive gathering of protesters against Islamic terrorism. If things like this don't get reported obviously people are going to think "Muslims aren't standing up against terrorism" when a lot of them clearly are. Besides, you can't expect them all to come and protest against terror, they are also ordinary people with jobs to do and families to look after, not everyone has time.
    Odd that the Guardian didn't report it. They normally fall over themselves to separate Islam from terrorism.
    Possibly they saw it as more the annual celebration of Ashura rather than a separate protest against terrorism in itself?
    Possibly they didn't want to offend the Sunni majority by beeing seen to give support and validation to Shias?

It is hardly surprising that Shias demonstrate againts ISIS, as they are one on the primary victim groups. It's a bit like Jews demonstrating against Hitler - hardly newsworthy.

I wonder how may Sunnis were in attendance? (I can't be certain, but all the demonstrations against ISIS that I have seen have been organised by Shia or Ahmadiyya.)

Anywho, good on them. Any and all condemnation of any and all terrorism is welcome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desaf1)
    Obviously the typical Islamophobes on here are going to either remain silent or say that we're not doing enough.
    It is clear that Muslims and the Islamic establishment aren't doing enough to oppose and condemn ISIS, because they still claim that the ideology that provides ISIS with their motivation and justification is perfect and unchangeable, acceptable in its entirety.

You can't condemn ISIS for things like using sex slaves while at the same time claiming that the Quran and sunnah's permission to use sex slaves is perfect and unchangeable.

Nothing will ever be enough for them until the religion of Islam is either changed or destroyed, that's their real aim.
    Correct, because Islam is an unpleasant anachronism that is incompatible with civilised society while it still contains things like execution for homosexuals and apostates, wife beating, slavery, etc, and is still claimed to be perfect and unchangable.

They don't care about us ordinary people, me or you.
    We're talking about the ideology here, not people. People are individuals and must be treated accordingly, depending on their individual words and deeds.

They aim to spread hate
    Ironic that Muslims always accuse critics of "spreading hate" when anyone who has read the Quran or is familiar with the sunnah knows that Islam is fundamentally an ideology that is based on hate. The Quran even states this explicitly in 60:4, where Muslims are told that there should be "enmity and hate" between Muslims and non-Muslims until they accept Islam.

And criticising an ideology that promotes hate against those who are different (as well as permitting slavery, wife beating, homophobia, misogyny and the execution of people who are merely excercising basic human freedoms) is not hate. It is entirely reasonable and justified.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    It's a real shame that things like this aren't better publicised, especially given how past attacks have impacted a lot of people's views on Muslims.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This is sad the media never fails to disappoint.

ReputationRep:
    It wouldn't matter.

Most people have already made up their mind on Islam and there is no going back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    It's a real shame that things like this aren't better publicised, especially given how past attacks have impacted a lot of people's views on Muslims.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think that some news outlets don't consider an annual religious celebration to be particularly newsworthy. (Worth noting that this is what it was, not an anti-terrorism demonstration. )
    I can only assume that some editors thought that labelling it an "anti-terrorism demonstration" would have been misleading.
    (To be fair, the Guardian did cover it in its "photos of the day" section, but more for the Ashura celebration than as an anti-terrorism demonstration.)

ReputationRep:
    Yes because protesting Islamic Terrorism is so going to stop terrorists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    It is clear that Muslims and the Islamic establishment aren't doing enough to oppose and condemn ISIS, because they still claim that the ideology that provides ISIS with their motivation and justification is perfect and unchangeable, acceptable in its entirety.
    The moment that Muslims admit that the Quran is fallible is the day when Islam essentially doesn't exist. It is impossible for a Muslim to say that their religion is wrong, which is what you're essentially doing when admitting that the infalliable nature of the Quran is... well, false.

ReputationRep:
    because no one believes them! It's all a gesture. Wouldn't be surprised if some of them didn't give a damn about terrorism lol. Just like when celebrities march against racism lol. It's an act for brownie points. And I don't mean brownie points in a racist way, it's a saying...like...good credit...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pidge Gunderson)
    The moment that Muslims admit that the Quran is fallible is the day when Islam essentially doesn't exist. It is impossible for a Muslim to say that their religion is wrong, which is what you're essentially doing when admitting that the infalliable nature of the Quran is... well, false.
    Which is why we have people on here defending slavery, executing apostates and adulterers, wife beating, etc. And why any Muslim who claims that the Quran is the perfect, unchangable, universal guide for all humanity , and Muhammad's example the ultimate role model, is giving tacit support to those people who put that belief into practice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bang Outta Order)
    because no one believes them! It's all a gesture. Wouldn't be surprised if some of them didn't give a damn about terrorism lol. Just like when celebrities march against racism lol. It's an act for brownie points. And I don't mean brownie points in a racist way, it's a saying...like...good credit...
    Muslims protest against terrorism= they don't care
    Muslims don't protest against terrorism= they don't care

they jsut cant win with close minded people like u around can they

they shouldn't even have to protest in the first place

also since you're complaining about Muslims, i hope ur doing ur part to stop terrorism by white ppl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scienceq)
    Muslims protest against terrorism= they don't care
    Muslims don't protest against terrorism= they don't care

they jsut cant win with close minded people like u around can they

they shouldn't even have to protest in the first place

also since you're complaining about Muslims, i hope ur doing ur part to stop terrorism by white ppl
    Don't get mad at me because I'm not naive

Also, marching doesn't stop terrorism. Fixing their ideologies would though.

ReputationRep:
    Don't get mad at me because I'm not naive

Also, marching doesn't stop terrorism. Fixing their ideologies would though.
    fix your ignorance first and you'll see where the problem lies

so what exactly are you doing to prevent terrorism by white ppl?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    The Debate section always turns into WW3...

ReputationRep:
    fix your ignorance first and you'll see where the problem lies

so what exactly are you doing to prevent terrorism by white ppl?
    oh stop calling me ignorant lol just cos I disagree with you

so what exactly are you doing to prevent terrorism by Muslim ppl?

ReputationRep:
    oh stop calling me ignorant lol just cos I disagree with you

so what exactly are you doing to prevent terrorism by Muslim ppl?
    so basically you try and flip the question on me coz you can't answer it and your answer is basically nothing
    that's jokes

hope u look back at what you've written and realise the hypocrisy of it.

ReputationRep:
    so basically you try and flip the question on me coz you can't answer it and your answer is basically nothing
    that's jokes

hope u look back at what you've written and realise the hypocrisy of it.
    Exactly, you can't answer it.

And I mentioned it 1st when I said marching doesn't stop terrorism..which is what the thread is about...it's in the title literally. So I aint flipping nothing bruv. You're deflecting right now cos you won't answer. When everyone including YOU knows that terrorism is mainly an Islamic problem. Don't act like by saying that people ignore whites who mass murder, it normally makes headlines after all, if you believe the news, that is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    The Debate section always turns into WW3...
    There's always the usual suspects contributing on these kinds of threads.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.