Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do girls seem more interested in me when i'm in a relationship? Watch

Whenever I'm with my gf in public I notice I get more stares from girls. last weekend I went with my gf to a friend's birthday party and I had several girls trying to dance and flirt with me and this is with them knowing I have a gf. This tends to be a recurring theme whenever I go out with her.

When I was single, a girl would never bat an eyelid or even bother looking at me even at parties but now that I have a gf it seems as though girls seem interested? what sorcery is this?

ReputationRep:
    having a gf makes you more desireable, especially if your gf is attractive- because it tells them "well if an attractive girl is dating him, that must mean he's quite a catch" etc. Having a gf is basically like having a 5* verified amazon review on your forehead that tells other girls that you're hot stuff. No girlfriend = no reviews, which makes girls less interested in getting to know you.

(Original post by insert-username)
    having a gf makes you more desireable, especially if your gf is attractive- because it tells them "well if an attractive girl is dating him, that must mean he's quite a catch" etc. Having a gf is basically like having a 5* verified amazon review on your forehead that tells other girls that you're hot stuff. No girlfriend = no reviews, which makes girls less interested in getting to know you.
    basically it's like why it's easier to get a job when you already have one?

Aha! This is an pyschological phenomenon I heard about a couple of years ago.

Post #2 isn't entirely explanatory, since it doesn't apply to women in relationships IIRC. Men with rings get 'hit on' more than men without - while women with rings get hit on less than without.

It's their psychology, whatever they say to the contrary, envy, you seeming higher value because a girl is with you, etc.

I think their opinions depend a lot on other womens 'assessments' too

ReputationRep:
      It’s like waiting for a bus, when you want one none will come but then when one comes, they all come.

(Original post by Anonymous)
      It's their psychology, whatever they say to the contrary, envy, you seeming higher value because a girl is with you, etc.
      it took me ages to get my first girlfriend because no girls bothered talking to me, but now they see me with a girl they want me. so strange but it makes sense

ReputationRep:
      They realise you getting pu$$y and they wanna give you bigger and better

ReputationRep:
      Girls want what they can't have.

ReputationRep:
      All the explanations here are gonna be psuedoscientific at best so I may as well concoct some potentially explanatory bs as well. Maaaybe it's like if you have a girlfriend that doesn't hate you that makes it seem like you are able to provide for a woman better than some random guy with no experience. In effect, you look more like "boyfriend material" because you are a boyfriend.

Maybe.

ReputationRep:
      it took me ages to get my first girlfriend because no girls bothered talking to me, but now they see me with a girl they want me. so strange but it makes sense
      Yep same thing happened with me. I got lots of looks when I was in a bar in NYC. It's an evolutionary thing probably .... also they must think you're worth something if you're with a fit girl!

Women can tell when a guy is desperate within the first five or ten seconds.
      Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by insert-username)
      This

(Original post by Mythirdleg)
      Yep same thing happened with me. I got lots of looks when I was in a bar in NYC. It's an evolutionary thing probably .... also they must think you're worth something if you're with a fit girl!

Women can tell when a guy is desperate within the first five or ten seconds.
      strange how they only think that once you have a girl, social proof and all that jazz

ReputationRep:
      strange how they only think that once you have a girl, social proof and all that jazz
      Yeah a bit strange. When you don't take any notice of them (because you're with someone) then they take notice.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 4, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.