Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am so torn between the two colleges and it's stressing me out. I prefer St Peter's accommodation and the college itself tbh but the Brasenose tutors are literally perfect for my interests. Should I take tutors into account and apply to Brasenose and risk rejection or getting pooled to a college I don't like or apply to St Peter's directly?

I like the St Peter's faculty btw it's just the Brasenose tutors cover every area of interest in my personal statement so I'm in crisis.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bbgrey48)
    I am so torn between the two colleges and it's stressing me out. I prefer St Peter's accommodation and the college itself tbh but the Brasenose tutors are literally perfect for my interests. Should I take tutors into account and apply to Brasenose and risk rejection or getting pooled to a college I don't like or apply to St Peter's directly?

I like the St Peter's faculty btw it's just the Brasenose tutors cover every area of interest in my personal statement so I'm in crisis.
    The interests of the tutors should not come into their decisions over admissions. They assess whoever walks in the door regardless of which particular topics you're most interested in. I'd apply to St Peters if I were you, but the decision is always yours. If you are torn between the two it should be because you would like to spend 3 years with those tutors (who may move) since their interests are so similar to yours, not because you think there's a higher chance of getting into one than the other.

All opinions are my own. Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    The interests of the tutors should not come into their decisions over admissions. They assess whoever walks in the door regardless of which particular topics you're most interested in. I'd apply to St Peter's if I were you, but the decision is always yours. If you are torn between the two it should be because you would like to spend 3 years with those tutors (who may move) since their interests are so similar to yours, not because you think there's a higher chance of getting into one than the other.

All opinions are my own. Hope that helps.
    Hey! I ended up choosing Brasenose because I kept thinking about who I would want to teach me for 3 years and it was definitely the tutors there, so thank you for your advice!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bbgrey48)
    Hey! I ended up choosing Brasenose because I kept thinking about who I would want to teach me for 3 years and it was definitely the tutors there, so thank you for your advice!
    Very welcome :hat2:
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.