Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I am looking to become a mature student doing a Theology/Religious Studies BA in September 2018 away from home - currently living with my parents. Am very confused about the Student loan eligibility criteria and how much of a loan I would get for course fees and living costs. Would the income of my parents be taken into account when assessing for one or both of course fee and maintenance loans?
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi 1Smith#

    The funding that is available is the tuition fee loan depending on how much the university are requesting for the maximum is £9250 this is not income assessed, you can also apply for the maintenance loan support if you are aged 25 or over from the first day of the first academic year of the course you will be assessed as a independent student and will get the maximum loan amount.

    You can also apply for DSA and Grant for Dependents if you have any children.

    Thanks Miriam
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.