Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I just started at NTU and was wondering what people honestly think of the university. Also, I'm taking a joint English/Philosophy course, so any opinions on that would also be helpful. Thanks.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p05)
    I just started at NTU and was wondering what people honestly think of the university. Also, I'm taking a joint English/Philosophy course, so any opinions on that would also be helpful. Thanks.
    Hi p05

Great to hear that you've started at NTU, I hope you've settled in! Did you enjoy Welcome Week?

As a current student I love NTU, the place has a great mixture of modern architecture and historic building plus every campus is constantly developing. NTU is in the heart of the city, which is brilliant as it means everything is within walking distance. And of course, the generous offering of things to do and places to eat means that you'll never get bored (or go hungry!).

The University itself is constantly growing in stature, being named Modern University of the Year is no mean feat. The quality of teaching has been excellent for me over the past two years so I'm not surprised NTU has won this award.

We have some student profiles on our website, they give a great insight into studying at NTU - I'll link some down below who study English or Philosophy:

Katie Sims - English BA (Hons)

Julia Bergin - Communication & Society and Philosophy BA (Hons)

Nicola Ferguson - History and Philosophy BA (Hons)

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions! Welcome to NTU, I hope you enjoy your first year as much as I did

Chris - NTU Rep

Connect with NTU
    Keep up with our daily stories on Facebook.

Follow our Twitter for student news.

Explore our campuses with Instagram.

See what life at NTU is like on our Youtube.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p05)
    The uni you go to does not matter, so long you get a good grade and build your experiences. You can look at the graduate destination data at your uni website, and see what many graduates end up doing (some of the law graduates have managed to get a spot in top law firms).

Many on TSR are obsessed with league tables and have not even gotten into uni or graduated, so will have a very biased opinion.

ReputationRep:
    I think that the sort of titanic, atlas-bestriding cerebral master-thinker who waits until starting at Nottingham Trent University to ask whether or not they could have done better than Nottingham Trent University, has somewhat tragically answered their own question.

ReputationRep:
    no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    The uni you go to does not matter, so long you get a good grade and build your experiences. You can look at the graduate destination data at your uni website, and see what many graduates end up doing (some of the law graduates have managed to get a spot in top law firms).

Many on TSR are obsessed with league tables and have not even gotten into uni or graduated, so will have a very biased opinion.
    Thanks bro for helping me out on how to revise for AS biology.One question though.Did you do edexcel IAL?Do you recommend the textbook by ann fullick?What textbook did you use?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    I think that the sort of titanic, atlas-bestriding cerebral master-thinker who waits until starting at Nottingham Trent University to ask whether or not they could have done better than Nottingham Trent University, has somewhat tragically answered their own question.
    I wasn't asking because I thought that I could've done better, I was originally at another university and transferred to NTU later due to personal reasons, and it happened to be the only option for me, hence why I asked what people thought of it. Please don't make assumptions before knowing the context.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p05)
    I wasn't asking because I thought that I could've done better, I was originally at another university and transferred to NTU later due to personal reasons, and it happened to be the only option for me, hence why I asked what people thought of it. Please don't make assumptions before knowing the context.
    I gave you the viewpoint of an insider. The outside view, I am afraid, is not any different. DOn't look at rankings, or rubbish awards for modern universities. If you have any opportunity at all, transfer to a better university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p05)
    It's just that ntu representatives asked TSR to delete my post describing how crappy their university is
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p05)
    I, for one, really like it here. The facilities and opportunities for my course are better here than most other unis so I'm really happy with it. It's also highly ranked for my course, but that didn't factor into my decision at all. Whether it's good for you or not depends on what you are looking for
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    I, for one, really like it here. The facilities and opportunities for my course are better here than most other unis so I'm really happy with it. It's also highly ranked for my course, but that didn't factor into my decision at all. Whether it's good for you or not depends on what you are looking for
    PRSOM

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.