Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Eye contact from women confuses me Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    At clubs with people my age (18-22) I will notice girls looking/staring at me for a few seconds... but they rarely smile? for instance I will look in their direction and then see that they had been looking at me for a second or two... our eyes lock... they often hold that eye contact for 1-3 seconds and then look away. Most of the time they don't have a smile on their face (well it seems almost 9/10 don't at the most recent rate). I've only recently started holding the eye contact (haven't managed to crack the whole... giving them a normal looking smile bit).

Now given they often aren't smiling, it would probably be vain of me to assume they are interested or are thinking anything positive. So I'm wondering do any of you experience the same thing? I have read that younger women seem to like the attention of males so they will perhaps draw it out and suddenly stop showing interest in hoping you will long for her or something. So perhaps given my age of 20... girls who will more likely show interest won't be above 23+ so that cuts out the women that probably are a lot more forward with showing signals. Or maybe I'm just getting dodgy looks lol who knows. Either way I suppose most of you will suggest not waiting for such things. For now given my lack of experience I'd rather just work on getting girls who show some kind of initial interest. I've seen the way some women can reject men who approach them out of the blue... i don't think I'm man enough yet to take that.

Thanks for anyone who read all or some of that.

ReputationRep:
    Do you smile at them as you stare at them? It might make them uncomfortable to have you look at them with a serious face. They probably initially look at you to check you out, see if they like what they see. Then you notice them and if you don't seem friendly (by not smiling at them) then they realise ehh maybe he isn't for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    Do you smile at them as you stare at them? It might make them uncomfortable to have you look at them with a serious face. They probably initially look at you to check you out, see if they like what they see. Then you notice them and if you don't seem friendly (by not smiling at them) then they realise ehh maybe he isn't for me.
    Yeah they look at me and i don't smile back i hold the eye contact. Takes me off guard... still haven't gotten the balls to try and flash a smile.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 7, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.