cathdishkova
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello, I am in my second week of study at BCU and I have decided that university is just not for me and I would like to withdraw. My questions are how much time is it going to take for me to officially withdraw, who am I supposed to talk about that and how is it going to interact with my student loan, how much am I supposed to pay them back?Thank you in advance
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by cathdishkova)
Hello, I am in my second week of study at BCU and I have decided that university is just not for me and I would like to withdraw. My questions are how much time is it going to take for me to officially withdraw, who am I supposed to talk about that and how is it going to interact with my student loan, how much am I supposed to pay them back?Thank you in advance

If you have made that choice, then withdraw immediately i.e TODAY.

If you do it within 14 days of the start of you course you can escape fee liability.

If you leave it till next week then it will cost you am extra £2312.50 or more.

Do not hang around.

Go and talk to a student advisor.
http://www.bcu.ac.uk/student-info/we...and-advice/ask

Your tutor and department
Fill out the form and submit it today.
http://www.bcu.ac.uk/cmsproxyimage?p...wal%20form.pdf

Tell SFE, who will ask for the money back for any overpayment on maintenance.
You remain liable for accommodation fees until you find a replacement . that is the general rule.

You will still have funding for a full degree if you change your mind in future and want a different uni and course. If you pay all the money back theres a chance for you to restore student finance.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
ps SFE will require any money they regard as an overpayment repaid immediately, although you can negotiate.
Any money above that, will just go to normal student debt repayable over 30 years being 9% of the excess over £21k. If you do as I suggest then you can greatly reduce any monies owed.
Birmingham City University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by cathdishkova)
Hi cathdishkova, really sorry you want to withdraw! We would recommend speaking to the student success adviser for your school about the decision and they'll be able to offer any support you might need.
If you want to go ahead you should speak to our admissions team, either email them at [email protected] or give them a call on 0121 331 5679.

Best wishes,
Lydia
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (83)
13.7%
1 (82)
13.53%
2 (79)
13.04%
19.8%
21.29%
18.65%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed