(Physiotherapy) Funding for second degree Watch

antparrish
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
What is the situation on the funding for studying physiotherapy as a second degree? September 2018 entry. I am still unsure which route i will take, the pre-registration route in two years or to study another three year BSc. Any information will be great.
Ironmike
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You will get funding, but as I understand it now, there is no bursary. The caveat to this would be have you cleared all your loans should you have had any from your first degree? I don't believe you qualify for further finance until you have, though checking the student loan site / giving them a call would be the best way of getting a definitive answer.
Matticus C
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Heya guys,

So I applied for the MSc Physiotherapy (Pre-registration) Course at Birmingham, East Anglia, Brunel, Brighton, Northumbria, and Southampton.
I got offers from Brunel and Southampton.
I got rejections from Birmingham, East Anglia, and Northumbria (all before an interview)
Brighton were going to give me an interview, but i had already accepted Southampton. I start in January 2018

So most unis will offer an NHS funded place, which means the government pays for you to be a physiotherapist. In my opinion, it would be better to do the MSc Physiotherapy Course since you get funding, as well as a Masters degree under your belt!

Any more questions, don't hesitate to ask
2brownlucie2
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I'm looking into applying for pre-reg next year, I have just started getting experience.How are you funding your degree now? I'm aware there are expected changes to fees due to Brexit.I was told by someone as it is under
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.41%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (70)
15.52%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (86)
19.07%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (181)
40.13%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.66%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise