Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!
    I will shortly apply to medical schools as a graduate student. My UKCAT score was 700 average.

I have heard different advice from different people, and I'm kind of freaking out about where to apply to stand a good chance of interview and offer.

Can someone help?? Thank youuuu

ReputationRep:
    Use this to rank yourself against others who sat the UKCAT and to determine the decile you scored in: 2017-preliminary-mean-scores-sept-2017.pdf (Helpful to guess this year's UKCAT thresholds)

Use this to find the 2018 entry requirements for medical schools: msc-entry-requirements-for-uk-medical-schools.pdf

Once you've found ones that accept the UKCAT as an admission test, and have determined that you meet the A level and GCSE requirements you'll need to google the medical school's UKCAT thresholds for previous years (e.g. Newcastle Uni - Application and UKCAT data 2017.pdf, you would have met the threshold for interview in every year bar 2014). Your UKCAT score is high for a UG though, so you should have a good shot most places.

Edit: Just realised you said you're a graduate not a school leaver, ignore the latter part of the above. What are your GCSEs, A levels, degree classification and UKCAT score breakdown?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uwotuwot)
    Use this to rank yourself against others who sat the UKCAT and to determine the decile you scored in: 2017-preliminary-mean-scores-sept-2017.pdf (Helpful to guess this year's UKCAT thresholds)

Use this to find the 2018 entry requirements for medical schools: msc-entry-requirements-for-uk-medical-schools.pdf

Once you've found ones that accept the UKCAT as an admission test, and have determined that you meet the A level and GCSE requirements you'll need to google the medical school's UKCAT thresholds for previous years (e.g. Newcastle Uni - Application and UKCAT data 2017.pdf, you would have met the threshold for interview in every year bar 2014). Your UKCAT score is high for a UG though, so you should have a good shot most places.

Edit: Just realised you said you're a graduate not a school leaver, ignore the latter part of the above. What are your GCSEs, A levels, degree classification and UKCAT score breakdown?
    Thank you!!!

I'm an EU national, so I didn't have GCSE's and A levels (my italian degree was not amazing, so I'm also looking at unis that do not look at high school grades for graduate students..).

I should get a first predicted in my BSc Biomedical Science at QMUL

UKCAT breakdown:
    - VR 610
    - DM 670
    - QR 810
    - AR 710
    overall 2800, average 700

Also, as for the unis... I was considering Barts, Kings, St George's and either Glagow or Aberdeen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cmbigogno)
    Thank you!!!

I'm an EU national, so I didn't have GCSE's and A levels (my italian degree was not amazing, so I'm also looking at unis that do not look at high school grades for graduate students..).

I should get a first predicted in my BSc Biomedical Science at QMUL

UKCAT breakdown:
    - VR 610
    - DM 670
    - QR 810
    - AR 710
    overall 2800, average 700

Also, as for the unis... I was considering Barts, Kings, St George's and either Glagow or Aberdeen
    Looking at those choices I'm assuming you're applying for 5 year undergraduate courses not 4 year courses since St George's requires GAMSAT for 4 year and you haven't sat it?

If so, just refer to my advice above, including the part where you'd be an acceptable applicant for UKCAT unis such as Newcastle.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cmbigogno)
    Hi everyone!
    I will shortly apply to medical schools as a graduate student. My UKCAT score was 700 average.

I have heard different advice from different people, and I'm kind of freaking out about where to apply to stand a good chance of interview and offer.

Can someone help?? Thank youuuu
    Hi there,

We've actually recently published a blog on Where to Apply with a UKCAT Score Above 690 for 2018 Entry!

Hope that helps!
    The Medic Portal

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.