Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!
    I will shortly apply to medical schools as a graduate student. My UKCAT score was 700 average.

I have heard different advice from different people, and I'm kind of freaking out about where to apply to stand a good chance of interview and offer.

Can someone help?? Thank youuuu

ReputationRep:
    Use this to rank yourself against others who sat the UKCAT and to determine the decile you scored in: 2017-preliminary-mean-scores-sept-2017.pdf (Helpful to guess this year's UKCAT thresholds)

Use this to find the 2018 entry requirements for medical schools: msc-entry-requirements-for-uk-medical-schools.pdf

Once you've found ones that accept the UKCAT as an admission test, and have determined that you meet the A level and GCSE requirements you'll need to google the medical school's UKCAT thresholds for previous years (e.g. Newcastle Uni - Application and UKCAT data 2017.pdf, you would have met the threshold for interview in every year bar 2014). Your UKCAT score is high for a UG though, so you should have a good shot most places.

Edit: Just realised you said you're a graduate not a school leaver, ignore the latter part of the above. What are your GCSEs, A levels, degree classification and UKCAT score breakdown?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uwotuwot)
    Use this to rank yourself against others who sat the UKCAT and to determine the decile you scored in: 2017-preliminary-mean-scores-sept-2017.pdf (Helpful to guess this year's UKCAT thresholds)

Use this to find the 2018 entry requirements for medical schools: msc-entry-requirements-for-uk-medical-schools.pdf

Once you've found ones that accept the UKCAT as an admission test, and have determined that you meet the A level and GCSE requirements you'll need to google the medical school's UKCAT thresholds for previous years (e.g. Newcastle Uni - Application and UKCAT data 2017.pdf, you would have met the threshold for interview in every year bar 2014). Your UKCAT score is high for a UG though, so you should have a good shot most places.

Edit: Just realised you said you're a graduate not a school leaver, ignore the latter part of the above. What are your GCSEs, A levels, degree classification and UKCAT score breakdown?
    Thank you!!!

I'm an EU national, so I didn't have GCSE's and A levels (my italian degree was not amazing, so I'm also looking at unis that do not look at high school grades for graduate students..).

I should get a first predicted in my BSc Biomedical Science at QMUL

UKCAT breakdown:
    - VR 610
    - DM 670
    - QR 810
    - AR 710
    overall 2800, average 700

Also, as for the unis... I was considering Barts, Kings, St George's and either Glagow or Aberdeen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cmbigogno)
    Thank you!!!

I'm an EU national, so I didn't have GCSE's and A levels (my italian degree was not amazing, so I'm also looking at unis that do not look at high school grades for graduate students..).

I should get a first predicted in my BSc Biomedical Science at QMUL

UKCAT breakdown:
    - VR 610
    - DM 670
    - QR 810
    - AR 710
    overall 2800, average 700

Also, as for the unis... I was considering Barts, Kings, St George's and either Glagow or Aberdeen
    Looking at those choices I'm assuming you're applying for 5 year undergraduate courses not 4 year courses since St George's requires GAMSAT for 4 year and you haven't sat it?

If so, just refer to my advice above, including the part where you'd be an acceptable applicant for UKCAT unis such as Newcastle.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by cmbigogno)
    Hi everyone!
    I will shortly apply to medical schools as a graduate student. My UKCAT score was 700 average.

I have heard different advice from different people, and I'm kind of freaking out about where to apply to stand a good chance of interview and offer.

Can someone help?? Thank youuuu
    Hi there,

We've actually recently published a blog on Where to Apply with a UKCAT Score Above 690 for 2018 Entry!

Hope that helps!
    The Medic Portal

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.