Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm studying Music (BMus) at City, University of London and am currently on my year abroad in Asia.

However, my course title on student finance says I'm studying '2017/2018 Full time Music, Sound and Technology (with Placement Year)'. Firstly this isn't my correct degree title, secondly, the sandwich year should be 'with Year Abroad' as opposed to 'with Placement year' and thirdly, I believe I'm receiving less funding with this title.

I tried to change the information online however, the correct information I needed is not available (every option given was 'with Placement Year') .

I also looked at the form that was linked - to correct or change course information - and the boxes in section 4 were all very vague as it kept mentioning Placement Year, which I am not taking!

I've spoken to my university and they said they sent out the correct details and this error might have happened on the end of student finance.

Can someone please help me to fix this problem?

Thanks!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi cant.indentify

If you are studying abroad rather than a placement year what you will need to do is complete a change of circumstances on your online account if it doesn't allow you to do it online then it will redirect you to a CO1 paper form.

Thanks Miriam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miriam SFE)
    Hi cant.indentify

If you are studying abroad rather than a placement year what you will need to do is complete a change of circumstances on your online account if it doesn't allow you to do it online then it will redirect you to a CO1 paper form.

Thanks Miriam

thanks for your reply!

I have another question.

I am in the midst of filling out the CO1 paper form you referred me to and I am in a bit of a confusion. In section 4 -b2, there is a question stating 'Which of the following is your new course? Tick one box only'. There are five options given, and I kind of fall into two of the five categories: 'Full-time undergraduate' and 'Full-time involving a placement (sandwich course)'. The latter, only because I am taking a study abroad as part of a sandwich course but NOT taking a placement .

I am not which box to tick.
    Can you please advise me on what to do.

Many thanks,
    Hannah
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cant.indentify)
    thanks for your reply!

I have another question.

I am in the midst of filling out the CO1 paper form you referred me to and I am in a bit of a confusion. In section 4 -b2, there is a question stating 'Which of the following is your new course? Tick one box only'. There are five options given, and I kind of fall into two of the five categories: 'Full-time undergraduate' and 'Full-time involving a placement (sandwich course)'. The latter, only because I am taking a study abroad as part of a sandwich course but NOT taking a placement .

I am not which box to tick.
    Can you please advise me on what to do.

Many thanks,
    Hannah
    Hi Hannah,

From the information you have already provided, you would choose the sandwich option.
    Alternatively as your course has already started, it might be easier to have your university send us a Transfer Change of Circumstances across to us electronically. confirming the correct course details and confirming the study abroad.

Thanks Rona

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.