Krisvatar
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have decided to apply to veterinary school and I have no previous work experience, and I also don't have the grades. What should I do?
pacb10
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Take a gap year, get your grades and do work experience and then apply next year.
username2703735
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think it would be fair to say even if you had the grades that without the required work experience other than maybe Cambridge you would struggle to gain a place.
Lizziefickling
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Krisvatar)
I have decided to apply to veterinary school and I have no previous work experience, and I also don't have the grades. What should I do?
Get the work experience required and the grades then apply. There’s no point in applying without the relevant work experience or the grades because you won’t get a place unfortunately. The vet schools are very strict on entry requirements.
Student_222
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Not meaning to sound rude but it doesn't seem like you are totally enthusiastic about it, you need to work hard to at least get some good grades, even if it's not the best, if you want to do vet med you have to be completely committed and there is no easy route. It's hard work! If you don't have the grades I'd also suggest you'd really struggle to keep up and follow the course because it's very technical and a lot of studying, you'd find yourself falling very very far behind very quickly. I'd suggest vet med isn't for you, or if you're totally determined then take a gap year to resits some exams if they are quite far off and get as much work experience as you can. You could also consider doing an undergraduate course and then transfer into vet med but that's a longer route 7 years of studying if you're prepared. It's definitely still achieveable
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (68)
66.67%
I don't have everything I need (34)
33.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed