Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I am a year 12 student and I am taking Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Physics. My GCSE’s are 5A* 1A 3B, A* in sciences and English aswell as a grade 9 in Maths. My gcse UMS for Sciences average around 97/100 suggesting similarly high UMS for AS levels too.

I have around 3 months of Carehome (still going), 1 month of Beavers (still going), 7 months at the East Anglian Children’s Hospice charity shop (finished), GP shadowing as well as Hospital work experience next year.

Provided I achieve about 5.5 to 6 on the BMAT and 90+ UMS in relevant subjects. Would I have a solid chance?

ReputationRep:
    A reasonable chance, but that's a lot of "ifs" that you don't know about yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A.Ibrahim01)
    Hello, I am a year 12 student and I am taking Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Physics. My GCSE’s are 5A* 1A 3B, A* in sciences and English aswell as a grade 9 in Maths. My gcse UMS for Sciences average around 97/100 suggesting similarly high UMS for AS levels too.

I have around 3 months of Carehome (still going), 1 month of Beavers (still going), 7 months at the East Anglian Children’s Hospice charity shop (finished), GP shadowing as well as Hospital work experience next year.

Provided I achieve about 5.5 to 6 on the BMAT and 90+ UMS in relevant subjects. Would I have a solid chance?
    It sounds like you will definitely have more than the required work experience, and presumably some extracurricular stuff too. However academics you will have no way of knowing probably until this time next year - good GCSEs don't guarantee you'll find A levels easy. I went from a solid A* in GCSE maths to a D at AS level (thankfully still got As in my other three subjects) so you really can't predict anything ahead of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LRxS)
    It sounds like you will definitely have more than the required work experience, and presumably some extracurricular stuff too. However academics you will have no way of knowing probably until this time next year - good GCSEs don't guarantee you'll find A levels easy. I went from a solid A* in GCSE maths to a D at AS level (thankfully still got As in my other three subjects) so you really can't predict anything ahead of time.
    Thank you for your reply. I will definitely try my hardest and revise from now to ensure high UMS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    A reasonable chance, but that's a lot of "ifs" that you don't know about yet.
    Haha, fair enough. WIll be back this time next year with some stats!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.