Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking at completing my Legal Practice Course at the University of Law in Reading. However, I think I'll have to maintain a part-time job (like most students) to keep up with the costs of living. I have heard from people who have studied in Guildford that they were able to condense the course into two days a week because they commuted. Does anyone know if I can do the same at Reading? I really don't fancy paying double the train fare to get to Guildford or double the tuition and train fare to get to London!
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by EllieJo1995)
    I'm looking at completing my Legal Practice Course at the University of Law in Reading. However, I think I'll have to maintain a part-time job (like most students) to keep up with the costs of living. I have heard from people who have studied in Guildford that they were able to condense the course into two days a week because they commuted. Does anyone know if I can do the same at Reading? I really don't fancy paying double the train fare to get to Guildford or double the tuition and train fare to get to London!
    Arent you dependent on the timetable, that can also change during the year?

Not sure why you would be comparing it to Guildford or Londin as UOL will be the exact same course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Arent you dependent on the timetable, that can also change during the year?

Not sure why you would be comparing it to Guildford or Londin as UOL will be the exact same course.
    Guildford and London are both UoL sites. I just am not sure if they all condense the course into two days or if this option is only available at some locations...
    • Very Important Poster

Guildford and London are both UoL sites. I just am not sure if they all condense the course into two days or if this option is only available at some locations...
    Just ask UoL.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

Are you referring to the law course at the University of Reading? If so, I would suggest contacting the law admissions team on the following e-mail [email protected]. as they will be able to give you more information on this!

If you are in Reading, there are multiple opportunities for you to get a part time job on campus, such as a student ambassador, student mentor or work in student bars or shops on campus. The work is really flexible and can fit around your studying, as I have worked all the way through uni and it has worked so well for me!

Hope this helps and do get in touch if you have anymore questions!

Alice
    Food Science Placement Student

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.