The Student Room Group
Mock Trial
The University of Law
Visit website

University of Law LPC at Reading

I'm looking at completing my Legal Practice Course at the University of Law in Reading. However, I think I'll have to maintain a part-time job (like most students) to keep up with the costs of living. I have heard from people who have studied in Guildford that they were able to condense the course into two days a week because they commuted. Does anyone know if I can do the same at Reading? I really don't fancy paying double the train fare to get to Guildford or double the tuition and train fare to get to London!
Original post by EllieJo1995
I'm looking at completing my Legal Practice Course at the University of Law in Reading. However, I think I'll have to maintain a part-time job (like most students) to keep up with the costs of living. I have heard from people who have studied in Guildford that they were able to condense the course into two days a week because they commuted. Does anyone know if I can do the same at Reading? I really don't fancy paying double the train fare to get to Guildford or double the tuition and train fare to get to London!

Arent you dependent on the timetable, that can also change during the year?

Not sure why you would be comparing it to Guildford or Londin as UOL will be the exact same course.
Mock Trial
The University of Law
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Arent you dependent on the timetable, that can also change during the year?

Not sure why you would be comparing it to Guildford or Londin as UOL will be the exact same course.

Guildford and London are both UoL sites. I just am not sure if they all condense the course into two days or if this option is only available at some locations...
Guildford and London are both UoL sites. I just am not sure if they all condense the course into two days or if this option is only available at some locations...

Just ask UoL.

Hi there,

Are you referring to the law course at the University of Reading? If so, I would suggest contacting the law admissions team on the following e-mail [email protected]. as they will be able to give you more information on this!

If you are in Reading, there are multiple opportunities for you to get a part time job on campus, such as a student ambassador, student mentor or work in student bars or shops on campus. The work is really flexible and can fit around your studying, as I have worked all the way through uni and it has worked so well for me!

Hope this helps and do get in touch if you have anymore questions!

Alice :h:
Food Science Placement Student
Reply 5
Hi EllieJo, Sorry for the delay in replying! The 2 day option is available at Reading, but the actual days aren't confirmed yet for September. Currently it's Wednesday/Thursday, but they are looking at offering Monday/Thursday or Tuesday/Friday. Hope this helps!Lizzie @ULaw
Reply 6
Original post by lizzie-t
Hi EllieJo, Sorry for the delay in replying! The 2 day option is available at Reading, but the actual days aren't confirmed yet for September. Currently it's Wednesday/Thursday, but they are looking at offering Monday/Thursday or Tuesday/Friday. Hope this helps!Lizzie @ULaw

It's worth noting that you may need to come in on other days additional days during the electives term (March - June), in order to accommodate your choice of elective subjects.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending