Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Friends take the mick about my depression. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I told a few of my friend that I feel depressed but now they are just taking the mick making me feel worse.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Well they're not good friends, are they? Good friends support each other and they will only make you feel worse if they continue this. I would see a doctor though about your depression or speak to someone in your family that you're close to.
    Your friends are simply ignorant because they've probably not experienced it themselves.
    (Original post by David Essex)
    I told a few of my friend that I feel depressed but now they are just taking the mick making me feel worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannxm)
    Well they're not good friends, are they? Good friends support each other and they will only make you feel worse if they continue this. I would see a doctor though about your depression or speak to someone in your family that you're close to.
    Your friends are simply ignorant because they've probably not experienced it themselves.
    Yeah I'm thinking of seeing a doctor. I also tried to overdose with Ibuprofen pills but was only sick for two days after. I told my friends I had taken them and the quantity (which was a lot) but they said I couldn't have because I would be dead. To be honest I'm surprised I'm not dead but I honestly did take the pills.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I believe that you took them and I'm sorry that you did, but it indicates that you need to get some help for yourself. Ignore what your friends say. You know you and you know what you're experiencing and that's all that matters. I do hope you get yourself some help!

Yeah I'm thinking of seeing a doctor. I also tried to overdose with Ibuprofen pills but was only sick for two days after. I told my friends I had taken them and the quantity (which was a lot) but they said I couldn't have because I would be dead. To be honest I'm surprised I'm not dead but I honestly did take the pills.

ReputationRep:
    They're not your friends. They're parasites. Friends do not do that, you're better off without them.

You should seek help from your GP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannxm)
    I believe that you took them and I'm sorry that you did, but it indicates that you need to get some help for yourself. Ignore what your friends say. You know you and you know what you're experiencing and that's all that matters. I do hope you get yourself some help!
    Thank You! I'm gonna make a docs appointment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    They're not your friends. They're parasites. Friends do not do that, you're better off without them.

You should seek help from your GP.
    Thanks, I will!

ReputationRep:
    I told a few of my friend that I feel depressed but now they are just taking the mick making me feel worse. They say I'm just saying it as a joke and away to get attention. This is kinda putting me off telling anyone else.

ReputationRep:
    I told a few of my friend that I feel depressed but now they are just taking the mick making me feel worse. They say I'm just saying it as a joke and away to get attention. This is kinda putting me off telling anyone else.
    How old are you? Your friends seem very immature and don't understand how serious this situation is via their own ignorance. If what they're saying is upsetting you that much, I'd stop telling them things about how you're feeling or what you've done. True friends would support you in a time of need. Please do continue to get professional help, though, these people are trained to take young people seriously with regards to mental health.

ReputationRep:
    PM me if you want to talk.

ReputationRep:
    My friends say I am just saying that I'm depressed for a joke or for attention.

ReputationRep:
    'Friends' what friends. Friends don't joke about things that are important to the other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monkeyman0121)
    'Friends' what friends. Friends don't joke about things that are important to the other.
    Good advice! I think I should rethink my friend lists too.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.