Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I NEED HELP! (Mcdonald's interview and OJE) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

I only have a black and white cotton dress which is really thick and some black tights (the dress looks very professional and business attire). is this Okay to wear for the OJE and interview?? Because I don't have a plain white top or anything, all the tops I have are not appropriate for an interview, I mean I have a blazer but what would I wear underneath if I don't have a nice top to go with it if that makes sense lol, so I would love to go with a dress instead, but is that okay? They say I need to wear smart Business attire for example, a light colored shirt and dark trousers/skirt! They mention nothing about dresses.. so that's why I'm asking, I'm just confused xD

Plus, I'm so nervous, what do I do on the OJE and what questions will they ask me? I have no idea if this is a good idea, because from what I've heard everyone that works at McDonald's dreads going to work!

Plus, I find it difficult to memorize things (dyslexia) so how will I be able to work at Mcdonald's and remember customers orders? So i'm in doubt :/

Should I even bother going to the interview and the OJE?

I would appreciate if someone could help me out a little!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roy101)
    Plus, I'm so nervous, what do I do on the OJE and what questions will they ask me? I have no idea if this is a good idea, because from what I've heard everyone that works at McDonald's dreads going to work!

Plus, I find it difficult to memorize things (dyslexia) so how will I be able to work at Mcdonald's and remember customers orders? So i'm in doubt :/

Should I even bother going to the interview and the OJE?

I would appreciate if someone could help me out a little!
    Can't comment on the uniform although I recall their being information about appropriate garb in the attachment of the email.
    They usually ask standard retail/hospitality questions such as "why do you want to work here?", "what's your availability" and "give an example of where you worked as part of a team".
    Being nervous is understandable but McDonalds is well known for their training so you should be fine.
    Orders are usually printed out or flashing on a screen so there isn't a need to memorise. But perhaps reading the info may be difficult with your dyslexia. Do you have coping strategies?
    You'll usually have a trial shift so it's better to go for it and decide whether or not it's for you. For me it wasn't, I lasted for 2 days before stressing out. But everyone is different. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kvothe the Arcane)
    Can't comment on the uniform although I recall their being information about appropriate garb in the attachment of the email.
    They usually ask standard retail/hospitality questions such as "why do you want to work here?", "what's your availability" and "give an example of where you worked as part of a team".
    Being nervous is understandable but McDonalds is well known for their training so you should be fine.
    Orders are usually printed out or flashing on a screen so there isn't a need to memorise. But perhaps reading the info may be difficult with your dyslexia. Do you have coping strategies?
    You'll usually have a trial shift so it's better to go for it and decide whether or not it's for you. For me it wasn't, I lasted for 2 days before stressing out. But everyone is different. Good luck!
    I think taking in Information like customers orders will be difficult plus I can read my dyslexia isn't that bad what does garb mean?
    Do you think I should wear a dress? Would that be okay? Plus, why did you leave so quickly if you don't mind me asking?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roy101)
    I think taking in Information like customers orders will be difficult plus I can read my dyslexia isn't that bad what does garb mean?
    Do you think I should wear a dress? Would that be okay? Plus, why did you leave so quickly if you don't mind me asking?
    Garb = what you wear. Sorry for the confusion.

They suggest wearing pants or a skirt so I don't think a dress would be appropriate. Remember you'll be expected to perform a task. They do say, however, that if you're unable to find suitable clothing they can provide a uniform if they are informed in advanced.

I'm autistic and I found the environment very triggering for my anxiety. The training and information wasn't also delivered in the clear way that I find necessary. I also was already working full time so the stress didn't seem worth it.
    A lot of people do enjoy the work though . They have all types, people who do the job part time while studying, people who've made it their full time careers and those looking for a stop gap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kvothe the Arcane)
    Garb = what you wear. Sorry for the confusion.

They suggest wearing pants or a skirt so I don't think a dress would be appropriate. Remember you'll be expected to perform a task. They do say, however, that if you're unable to find suitable clothing they can provide a uniform if they are informed in advanced.

I'm autistic and I found the environment very triggering for my anxiety. The training and information wasn't also delivered in the clear way that I find necessary. I also was already working full time so the stress didn't seem worth it.
    A lot of people do enjoy the work though . They have all types, people who do the job part time while studying, people who've made it their full time careers and those looking for a stop gap.
    Thank you xx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.