Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When a cousin abroad asks for new things, he gets it the next week. But when I ask for something, it takes me about 3 weeks to finally to get an answer out of my parents mouth, and another 3 weeks to actually get it.

My parents are always so stingy, especially with me. When i ask for something, they always buy me the lowest quality things and if i ask for better things, they wont get it for me.

I had asked them for a new bike 4 months ago because it takes me so long to get to school by walking 30-40 minutes and only yesterday they agreed.

At the start of the year (year 12) I had asked my parents for a new notebook, as the school will not provide it any longer as i'm not in year 11. They bought one for 1 pound and when it ran out last week, they've been blaming me saying i'm wasting paper and haven't bothered to buy me decent books.

I know the usual replies, "they probably find it hard to pay" and etc. BUT How is that when my cousins family asks for 13 thousand pounds, my dad and mum can get a loan to get it to them, but when I ask for a new book, which is about 3 quid, they cant be bothered to ****ing do anything about it?

I get 6 pounds each week, and if i spend it on stationary, my parents complain. I cant work because "it would stop me from focusing in education" and this is stopping me from getting a good uni. Then presumably, when i dont get good work experience (i tried to work at a charity shop, which they didnt let me) and not get into a good uni, i'll be the one to blame.

When i spent my money last time on stationary, they got mad and told me to ask them if i wanted things to do with education. But it takes them about 3 weeks to even consider it. So far since my book ran out (for examplE) i've had to scavenge around for extra paper and ask my friends, which is pretty shameful.

I feel that they are being unjust.

ReputationRep:
    i would get a job and earn your own money , that will show them , you can't rely on anyone but yourself

(Original post by Ray_Shadows)
    i would get a job and earn your own money , that will show them , you can't rely on anyone but yourself
    I've mentioned it so in the thread, they won't let me get a job. They keep interfering in everything i do. I even wanted to resume year 12 in my old school, but they forced to me to go to a grammar school and now i hate it here. No friends, no one to talk to. But if i mention this, "we are doing this for the best of you".

Ye sure, and when you die, it'll be me suffering.

the only thing they havent intereferd in is my choices. but i doubt that will last for longer

ReputationRep:
    You sound like a spoiled brat, you're not entitled to anything from them.

I agree it's silly they aren't letting you get a job though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've mentioned it so in the thread, they won't let me get a job. They keep interfering in everything i do. I even wanted to resume year 12 in my old school, but they forced to me to go to a grammar school and now i hate it here. No friends, no one to talk to. But if i mention this, "we are doing this for the best of you".

Ye sure, and when you die, it'll be me suffering.
    oh ok my bad , aren't grammar school expensive though

ReputationRep:
    the only thing they havent intereferd in is my choices. but i doubt that will last for longer
    they shoudnt do that anyway

(Original post by SophieSmall)

So i'm spoiled for asking for new books to write in? I've never asked them for a phone in my entire life and only got it because my cousin gifted it to me. I've never asked for money personally. I'm not entitled to get anything from them, true. But at the same time, they aren't allowed to stop me from making money myself.

oh ok my bad , aren't grammar school expensive though
    its a public grammar school. Needed good grades to get in, but i prefer my old school. I'm hindu but my old school was catholic, which wasnt much of a problem.

ReputationRep:
    So i'm spoiled for asking for new books to write in? I've never asked them for a phone in my entire life and only got it because my cousin gifted it to me. I've never asked for money personally. I'm not entitled to get anything from them, true. But at the same time, they aren't allowed to stop me from making money myself.
    You get £6 a week, more than enough to buy several new notebooks a week. It's annoying that they scold you for buying books with that money, but just do it anyway.

If you want a job, get one. Just ignore them. What are they going to do? Lock you in the house and throw away the key?

ReputationRep:
    That's the most stupid thing I've ever heard! How's OP a spoilt brat for asking for some basic essentials that they require for their education? And yes, children are entitled for things from their parents, theirs nothing wrong with that. My headteacher once questioned some children why they weren't willing to buy a five pound textbook that could help them with their education- the answer was my parents say they can't afford it. The reply from the head to their parents was, what's child benefits and tax credit for, huh? The reply was a defeating silence. Anyway, It's so stupid that his parents are willing to splash cash on his cousins but not even three pounds on a quality notebook for him? Plus if his parents are planning his whole life for him then it's his right to demand for the things he wants that will help them achieve it. Lastly, i politely request you to read the whole post before posting such assumptions- thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Do you even know what the Asian society is like? These things aren't possible, okay?
    You get £6 a week, more than enough to buy several new notebooks a week. It's annoying that they scold you for buying books with that money, but just do it anyway.

If you want a job, get one. Just ignore them. What are they going to do? Lock you in the house and throw away the key?

ReputationRep:
    It is unfair, they're willing to splash money on your cousins but not you. Disgusting! Thank you for helping me be more grateful that my parents do spend money on my education and stationary.
    When a cousin abroad asks for new things, he gets it the next week. But when I ask for something, it takes me about 3 weeks to finally to get an answer out of my parents mouth, and another 3 weeks to actually get it.

My parents are always so stingy, especially with me. When i ask for something, they always buy me the lowest quality things and if i ask for better things, they wont get it for me.

I had asked them for a new bike 4 months ago because it takes me so long to get to school by walking 30-40 minutes and only yesterday they agreed.

At the start of the year (year 12) I had asked my parents for a new notebook, as the school will not provide it any longer as i'm not in year 11. They bought one for 1 pound and when it ran out last week, they've been blaming me saying i'm wasting paper and haven't bothered to buy me decent books.

I know the usual replies, "they probably find it hard to pay" and etc. BUT How is that when my cousins family asks for 13 thousand pounds, my dad and mum can get a loan to get it to them, but when I ask for a new book, which is about 3 quid, they cant be bothered to ****ing do anything about it?

I get 6 pounds each week, and if i spend it on stationary, my parents complain. I cant work because "it would stop me from focusing in education" and this is stopping me from getting a good uni. Then presumably, when i dont get good work experience (i tried to work at a charity shop, which they didnt let me) and not get into a good uni, i'll be the one to blame.

When i spent my money last time on stationary, they got mad and told me to ask them if i wanted things to do with education. But it takes them about 3 weeks to even consider it. So far since my book ran out (for examplE) i've had to scavenge around for extra paper and ask my friends, which is pretty shameful.

I feel that they are being unjust.

(Original post by Sabz152)
    That's the most stupid thing I've ever heard! How's OP a spoilt brat for asking for some basic essentials that they require for their education? And yes, children are entitled for things from their parents, theirs nothing wrong with that. My headteacher once questioned some children why they weren't willing to buy a five pound textbook that could help them with their education- the answer was my parents say they can't afford it. The reply from the head to their parents was, what's child benefits and tax credit for, huh? The reply was a defeating silence. Anyway, It's so stupid that his parents are willing to splash cash on his cousins but not even three pounds on a quality notebook for him? Plus if his parents are planning his whole life for him then it's his right to demand for the things he wants that will help them achieve it. Lastly, i politely request you to read the whole post before posting such assumptions- thank you.
    its nice of that. But lemme tell you tell you that I do get child benefits weekly (or the one that most children get) in my savings account (which i dont have card for) and my parents just transfer that to their own account. I hate for the fact that they treat my cousins and everyone better than their old children. But they have the guts to then say that I will be expected to look after them in the future when they are old. In the current situation, it wont be suprising if i place them in a home.

ReputationRep:
    Anon, you got a paypal? Ill hook you up
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by Rasillon)
    Anon, you got a paypal? Ill hook you up
    Nah man. They wont let me get a card. I've mentioned it above. Thanks for the offer though.

ReputationRep:
    Nah man. They wont let me get a card. I've mentioned it above. Thanks for the offer though.
    Okay, how about a gift card for something like amazon, you can use a QR code to pick it up from an amazon locker

Okay, how about a gift card for something like amazon, you can use a QR code to pick it up from an amazon locker
    I dont want money from people on TSR. Nice offer, but i find it wrong to get money from someone i barely know... Thanks for trying. I'll try to find another way to get my things that i need.

ReputationRep:
    I dont want money from people on TSR. Nice offer, but i find it wrong to get money from someone i barely know... Thanks for trying. I'll try to find another way to get my things that i need.
    Bro, some of us have a luxury of being reasonably wealthy, as such my moral view is that I should use it to help others along. This is an open offer, contact me later and well sort something

Bro, some of us have a luxury of being reasonably wealthy, as such my moral view is that I should use it to help others along. This is an open offer, contact me later and well sort something
    if my situation gets worser, i will. Thanks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.