lucyfw
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Needing some help with some ideas for my EPQ. Need some opinions really and possibly a few suggestions. I'm interested in history and politics so that might be an idea.

My current ideas are:
- Nazi Germany: women in Nazi Germany and how education influenced the gender roles.
- british politics/ history: who was the most influential British prime minister in 20th and 21st century?
Or
What factors influence British voters to choose their political party.

I'm currently doing Accountancy, Sociology and history at A-level. I have already done HPQ where I did influential British monarchs in the 20th century.

If anybody has any other suggestions that would be fantastic, as I'm stumped for something which has lots of usable information.
xEmilyxx
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The idea is you come up with options and research them and make your mind up as you go. A good log is one that shows changing ideas as it shows your thought processes. You seem to already know what areas you'd like to do so go ahead and research them. If someone here gave you a topic that they know has a lot of good content in it kinda defeats the point. The EPQ shouldn't be perfect from the start.

Start off seeing what journals exist on the 3 topics you've chosen. I highly suggest you narrow it down to one subject of the 3 you've picked. The EPQ works well when it's somewhat relates to your degree. Then play around with related working titles until you find one that you feel you can work best with.

If we have you an idea it possibly won't be as good as one you've thought of yourself. Ideas you come up with you can be more passionate about and therefore do better in it.
lucyfw
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Thank you for the reply 🙂 I’ve done lots of research and got lots of ideas. I’ve found something completely different that I’m interesting in, which I’ve recorded. I appreciate your comments.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (9)
26.47%
No (25)
73.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed