Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kl369)
    I applied for psychology at Glasgow on the 13th and just got my unconditional yesterday so don't worry you'll probably get a response soon!
    Congrats! Okay thank you!
    But Aw it’s Saturday now,they’re off work 😂
    Are you applying to Oxbridge btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LewisTindall)
    I've applied for English Language and Literature.

I haven't even received an acknowledgement of my application and i sent it off two weeks ago ;/

Kind of worried because my application is supposedly strong and my predicted grades are enough for the course yet they're the only uni to be completely silent with me...
    Same here, I’ve applied for psychology over a week ago. All we can do is wait tbh. Some people have gotten offers later than others so don’t worry. I guess it depends on what course because quite a lot of people might have applied for English so they’re slower in getting through everyone. Good luck though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luna-l)
    Hey I'm luna

Course applying for: Mathematics Bsc
    Predicted/achieved grades: I got an A* in maths a level last year (june 2017) and I'm predicted A*AA at a level
    Current offer status: applied yesterday!!
    What made you apply: I love the uni and the architecture
    Got an offer last Wednesday!!!! AAB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANormalStudent)
    Yep! I’ve applied to Oxford for Psychology
    I was thinking maybe Glasgow doesn’t like early applicants, but I know people who have already gotten offers and they’re applying to Oxbridge too
    I guess all we can do is wait.... i’ll keep you updated if I get anything from Glasgow! Good luck to both of us 😂
    Yep, I'll let you know too! Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    Course applying for: Politics and History
    Predicted/achieved grades: AABC in S5 w predicted grades BB at advanced higher modern and history and AA at geography and PE
    Current offer status: Applying after school break when we get our reference completed
    What made you apply?: The architecture and the vibe of the city is unlike no other, the main building is a work of art, some say St.Andrews has a Hogwarts-feel to it but Glasgow could literally be mistaken for Hogwarts imo hahaha

ReputationRep:
    I'm from England and also applying for Warwick, Nottingham, Edinburgh and Sheffield.

Course applying for: History and Politics
    Predicted/achieved grades: predicted A*AA (History, Politics, English Lit)
    Current offer status: Haven't sent my UCAS in yet- almost there!
    What made you apply?: The course looks interesting and I like that you can dip your toe into other subjects. The architecture is also gorgeous!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Checking in; I'll fill out the form some time later

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else attended the open day?

I absolutely loved it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hysterria)

I absolutely loved it
    I didn't go to the open day but I so regret it! I heard it looks like Hogwarts, is that true? 😂 What did you think of the university? Anything particularly impressive?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hysterria)

I absolutely loved it
    I went to one a couple of years back - I loved it :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catmckie)
    I didn't go to the open day but I so regret it! I heard it looks like Hogwarts, is that true? 😂 What did you think of the university? Anything particularly impressive?
    The main building was absolutely stunning and definitely like Hogwarts! From all the universities I've visited this was the most impressive building tbh . The university was really nice, the staff were friendly and helpful and all the facilities seemed good. I really hope Glasgow will send me an offer because I'd definitely firm it

ReputationRep:
    i just got my offer to study English Language and Literature at Glasgow!

ReputationRep:
    i just got my offer to study English Language and Literature at Glasgow!
    Congratulations! Can I ask where you live?

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations! Can I ask where you live?
    Thank you!

England, West Midlands, just near Coventry! Why do you ask?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!

England, West Midlands, just near Coventry! Why do you ask?
    Just because I wondered if you were international, since I know a lot of unis look at those applications first. I still can't believe offers are being given out, it's crazy to think we're already there!

ReputationRep:
    Just because I wondered if you were international, since I know a lot of unis look at those applications first. I still can't believe offers are being given out, it's crazy to think we're already there!
    It’s an exciting time! Scary too but mainly exciting!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I've just sent in my application today - the Creative Writing MLitt - and I've been a nervous wreck since. I see some people have already gotten offers - how long did that take? Also, I have all my documents except the recommendations, has anyone gotten an unconditional offer before submitting all the documents, or do you think no one is going to look at my application until all the documents are in?

Aw, I'm so nervous! I'm applying to a couple different schools, but Glasgow is my top choice.

Oh! Also, are there any other Americans applying? (If so, hi!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by who1963)
    Hi!

I've just sent in my application today - the Creative Writing MLitt - and I've been a nervous wreck since. I see some people have already gotten offers - how long did that take? Also, I have all my documents except the recommendations, has anyone gotten an unconditional offer before submitting all the documents, or do you think no one is going to look at my application until all the documents are in?

Aw, I'm so nervous! I'm applying to a couple different schools, but Glasgow is my top choice.

Oh! Also, are there any other Americans applying? (If so, hi!)
    Hi it took me just under 3 weeks to get an offer. Don’t worry if you have no correspondence at all because I didn’t even get an acknowledgement email for my application but just got a conditional.

Unconditionals to Glasgow for an English course won’t be too common I think. And they’ll probably only look at your application by the time everything is in.

Best of luck!!

ReputationRep:
    I only just got an application acknowledgement email from Glasgow today, but some people have already gotten offers for psychology (the course i’m applying to) from Glasgow! Why is this??

ReputationRep:
    I just got acknowledged today too tho for a different course. some unis actually send out acknowledgement after an offer and I imagine it's cos they are probably dealt with by 2 different departments

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.