Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Course applying for:
    History and Politics
    Predicted/achieved grades:
    AS Level: Eng lit - A (183/200), History - A (198/200), German - A
    A level: German - A (took it all in one year)
    Predictions: Eng lit - A*, History - A*, French (taking all in one year too) - A
    Current offer status:
    applied about 3 weeks ago and got an offer for AB (because I already had an A in German I guess)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NoraGrace)
    Course applying for:
    History and Politics
    Predicted/achieved grades:
    AS Level: Eng lit - A (183/200), History - A (198/200), German - A
    A level: German - A (took it all in one year)
    Predictions: Eng lit - A*, History - A*, French (taking all in one year too) - A
    Current offer status:
    applied about 3 weeks ago and got an offer for AB (because I already had an A in German I guess)
    Just got my conditional for history and politics today!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SocialStudiesETC)
    Just got my conditional for history and politics today!
    Awesome! What grades are they asking for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alpegu006)
    Awesome! What grades are they asking for?
    A and B at higher or B at higher and B at advanced higher plus summer school. I have to ask about summer school as I’m in Peru for a month when it’s on so hopefully that works out
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I GOT AN OFFER OF AAA!!

What are your UCAS choices? (In order of preference) St.Andrews, Glasgow, Exeter, Strathclyde, Aberdeen
    What course do you want to study? Scottish literature and Psychology
    What are your grades/predictions and extracurricular activities? AAA AS grades in Literature, Psychology and Religious studies, predicted the same for A-levels. 4A*/3A/4Bs at GCSE. I have a higher distinction in a Level 3 TEFL course and I'm going on Americamp this year to do something to do with teaching. I've competed at county level horse riding and set myself a challenge to read 50 books a year.
    Why do you want to go? I loved it when I went! The course is what I want so I'm so pleased to have an offer I don't think I'm exceptional but I do work very hard. I'm also from SE England!

ReputationRep:
    Course applying for: Geography MA(SocSci)
    Predicted/achieved grades: AAAAABB at nat5, AABBC at 5th year (all highers), doing 4 more highers plus an open uni module in 6th year currently.
    Current offer status: Application being sent by my school on Monday (hopefully!)
    What made you apply?: I live roughly 30 minutes away by train from Glasgow and I love everything about the city, from the look of the place to the cultural aspects of the place too. The uni itself has really nice old buildings too that look cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshElyot)
    Course applying for: Mathematics BSc
    Predicted/achieved grades: ABB (plus B for EPQ and A for level 3 Maths)
    Current offer status: Application to be sent off end of this week
    choices in order: Glasgow, Newcastle, Dundee, Sheffield, Liverpool/Queens Belfast
    What made you apply?: The course is amazing! I love the city, the building is beautiful!, decent nightlife, want to live somewhere with a different atmosphere (not surrounded by tories) and I have family in Edinburgh (not a fan of their university)!

Anyone from South East England applying to glasgow???
    yee

ReputationRep:
    Hey there~

Courses applying for:
    1, Software Engineering MSci
    2, CompSci Msci

Predicted grades:
    Higher Levels (Maths & CompSci): grade 5 (above 80%)
    Standard levels (Hungarian & History): grade 5 (above 85%)

Current offer status:
    I only applied on Saturday and I aLREADY GOT MY OFFERS YESTERDAY (Tuesday) ヾ(´▽`)ゝ
    Unconditional ones for both courses, gotta achieve a 5 from everything and I get in~~

What made you apply?
    The quality of teaching seems to be much better in UK unis than in the ones in my country so yup, that's the main reason
    (And I stick with scottish ones bc of financial reasons)
    Also the building is hella pretty so that's a bonus~

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I'm Julie, sent my application on 15/11/17, received an offer from Glasgow on 16/11/17 (third offer already!! im buzzing)

Course applying for: English Literature
    Predicted/achieved grades: ABB
    Current offer status: AAB (nervous about that)
    What made you apply?: Honestly I just like the sound of UoG, and Glasgow in general

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I’m applying for Business and French.
    Just applied today. Will update with offer or rejection.
    I’m from Ireland and expecting 3 H1s and 2 H2s and a H3
    Extra curriculars include: piano till grade 8 (finished). Speech and drama till grade 10 (finished). Fiddle till grade 6. Finished in top 10 of Ireland’s leading economic competition. Won a bond trading competition. Open water diver. Rugby. Ran a mini-company. Helped old people with computers. French club. French assistant. Prefect. School newspaper
    I am applying to Glasgow because it’s reputation is so high, the standard of teaching there is so high, and because it looks stunning. It is also more affordable than Ireland.

ReputationRep:
    Course applying for: Actual applied for both Aeronautical Engineering n Aerospace Systems lol but going with aeronautical defos.
    Predicted/achieved grades: National 5: AAAAAAA Highers: AAAAA Advanced Highers Predicted: AAA
    Current offer status: Applied back in the start of october n my man from glasgow just fkn linked the ting n hit man with unconditional offers for the both of them yesterday in the middle a my advanced geo field trip XD
    What made you apply?: Only 2 decent unis that even offer an MEng for my course are Glasgow n strathclyde, Edinburgh only does mechanical n Standrews doesn't even do engineering lol, but preety keen on glasgow, iv been to both open days, strathclyde probs has a better lecture room n probably links within scotland but glasgows prestige globally probs edges that n just class all-round, buildings not too bad either

ReputationRep:
    hello I'm currently applying for computing science in Glasgow and was wondering what is the difference between computing science and the course with SIT integrated? also is computer science with business management a double degree course? any idea on how CS is in Glasgow? Thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    I'm Adriána, applying for Business & Management with Politics.
    I have not applied yet though, and I don't have predicted grades as we have a totally different system in my country (Slovakia).
    I chose Glasgow because I love UK and want to study there. It's free in Scotland for EU students and Glasgow is my favourite Scottish city. The uni is high quality too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adkatabka)
    Hey!
    I'm Adriána, applying for Business & Management with French.
    I have not applied yet though, and I don't have predicted grades as we have a totally different system in my country (Slovakia).
    I chose Glasgow because I love UK and want to study there. It's free in Scotland for EU students and Glasgow is my favourite Scottish city. The uni is high quality too.
    Sorry if u don't mind me asking, is business management with French like a double degree or just a single degree with 2 subject combination?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I sent my application on the 11/11/17 and received an offer on the 13/11/17. Quite pleased

Course applying for: Economics
    Predicted Grades: AAB plus A EPQ
    Offer: AAB
    Glasgow will be my first choice if I don't recieve an offer from Edinburgh but I'm also considering Uni of Manchester as their course offer was AAB aswell.

ReputationRep:
    Name: Sena
    Course: Neuroscience
    Grades (predicted): AAB
    Other places I'll apply: Stirling (for psychology), Strathclyde (for psychology), Aberdeen (Neuroscience with psychology), St Andrews (for neuroscience)

I will be sending my application this Monday (20/11/17)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolimtrying)
    Sorry if u don't mind me asking, is business management with French like a double degree or just a single degree with 2 subject combination?
    It works like this: https://www.gla.ac.uk/undergraduate/...ocialsciences/

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm Mai from Malaysia.
    Course applying for: Accounting and Finance
    Grades (Predicted) : A*A and A in Maths (achieved)
    Current status: Just sent my application on Friday 17/11 and still doesn't get any acknowledgement from them T_T

Anyone applying for the same course as mine? I'm so nervous, just wondering , I didn't receive any email from them, is it because this is weekend or anything else?

ReputationRep:
    May I ask how come some of you already know if they are accepted? I haven’t sent my application yet but I read on many websites that they let you know at the end of March. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adkatabka)
    May I ask how come some of you already know if they are accepted? I haven’t sent my application yet but I read on many websites that they let you know at the end of March. Thanks!
    You will get the offer letter through the 'Track' application.. Last offer made is by the end of March

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.