Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

B1283 - Sexual activity with animals bill 2017 Watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    B1283 - Sexual activity with animals bill 2017, Submitted by Joecphillips seconded by Connor27

A
    BILL TO
    Legalise sex with animals.

BE IT ENACTED by The Queen's most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Commons in this present Parliament assembled, in accordance with the provisions of the Parliament Acts 1911 and 1949, and by the authority of the same, as follows:—

1- Repeal
    (1) Section 69 of the sexual offences act is hereby repealed

2- Citation and commencement
    (1) This Act extends to the United Kingdom.
    (2) The provisions of this Act come into force on Royal Assent
    (3) This Act may be referred to as the Sexual Activity With A Animal Act 2017

Notes:
    http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2003/42/section/69
    The state should have no place in restricting anyone's sex life because they disagree with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    The state should have no place in restricting anyone's sex life because they disagree with it.
    Liberals can be extremists too, you know. Presumably, by this logic, you (the authors) are happy for your three-year old daughter to be buggered by an adult.

There are animal cruelty implication to this nonsense too, of course.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    Liberals can be extremists too, you know. Presumably, by this logic, you (the authors) are happy for your three-year old daughter to be buggered by an adult.

Please direct this to the proposers. I am simply the speaker and hence am not even allowed to have a public opinion on the bill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Please direct this to the proposers. I am simply the speaker and hence am not even allowed to have a public opinion on the bill.
    Although I quoted you, my post was directed at the proposers.

ReputationRep:

There is a difference between animals and a child, your argument is pretty much the same as people who oppose gay marriage oh but what about the paedophiles

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    There is a difference between animals and a child, your argument is pretty much the same as people who oppose gay marriage oh but what about the paedophiles
    I was attacking your ridiculous claim that the state should have no role in restricting sexual activity by using an example that nobody sane would disagree should be prevented.

ReputationRep:
    I was attacking your ridiculous claim that the state should have no role in restricting sexual activity by using an example that nobody sane would disagree should be prevented.
    They should not but they should protect people’s rights and nothing else which is what sleeping with a 3 year old does

ReputationRep:
    Mr Speaker,

It is a shame that we have just elected a deviant to this Parliament who should really be institutionalised at an asylum. This bill just goes to show what degenerates the Libertarians are.

ReputationRep:
    They should not but they should protect people’s rights and nothing else
    With rights come responsibilities. But anyway, since when have people had a right to copulate with animals? How can a non-existent right be protected?

ReputationRep:
    With rights come responsibilities. But anyway, since when have people had a right to copulate with animals? How can a non-existent right be protected?
    The only legitimate role of the state is to protect people’s rights, this also means restricting freedoms (no matter how much you disagree with it) is a illegitimate use of power.

ReputationRep:
    The only legitimate role of the state is to protect people’s rights, this also means restricting freedoms (no matter how much you disagree with it) is a illegitimate use of power.
    I see. That is nonsense. You'll be wanting to repeal gun control next, and allow Britons to carry grenade launchers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unown Uzer)
    Mr Speaker,

It is a shame that we have just elected a deviant to this Parliament who should really be institutionalised at an asylum. This bill just goes to show what degenerates the Libertarians are.
    Salty?

ReputationRep:
    I see. That is nonsense. You'll be wanting to repeal gun control next, and allow Britons to carry grenade launchers.
    I do want to repeal gun laws considering that when they were introduced the homicide rate increased but that is a different issue
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I'm struggling with this one. If no harm is done then you are right, the state has no need to get involved. Animal walefare does need to be taken into consideration as well. Ultimately I'd be against this. The small amount of the population that would benefit from this does not take away from the rights of the animals involved imo.

ReputationRep:
    Funnily enough we did submit a handguns bill last term but unfortunately it failed - we subscribe to a little ideology called classical liberalism, you know, the basis of western civilisation, you might want to give it a try some time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor27)
    Funnily enough we did submit a handguns bill last term but unfortunately it failed - we subscribe to a little ideology called classical liberalism, you know, the basis of western civilisation, you might want to give it a try some time.
    I was approached to join your party but, as is obvious, you seem to espouse extreme liberalism, and extreme liberalism is next door to anarchy.

ReputationRep:
    Animals cannot realistically consent to such acts - it is therefore a form of animal cruelty.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iridocyclitis)
    Animals cannot realistically consent to such acts - it is therefore a form of animal cruelty.
    These are not exactly the same thing though. In social animals like ours rape can have a huge effect on somebodies life. Can the same be said of an animal? In cases where the animal is not harmed is there a reason for this to be illegal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DayneD89)
    Can the same be said of an animal?
    The honest answer is that neither you nor anyone else knows. How long is it since you started wanting to have sex with animals?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    The honest answer is that neither you nor anyone else knows.
    True. We cannot know for sure, but we can look at some examples of animals interacting with humans. Dolphins have been observed attempting to initiate sex with other animals, including humans. It's hard to discover conclusively whether or not a sex act is consensual, especially when we cannot communicate with the 'victim', however, it's hard to argue that in all cases of bestiality are nonconsensual when some animals will willingly engage in sexual acts with humans. In these cases what business does the state have in the issue?

* I should point at that I am still against this bill, just playing devil's advocate for a bit

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.