Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

B1283 - Sexual activity with animals bill 2017 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Mr Speaker,

I cannot agree with the premise of this bill, humans shouldn't be raping animals. There is no way of knowing whether the animal has given consent or if they are enjoying it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr T 999)
    Mr Speaker,

I cannot agree with the premise of this bill, humans shouldn't be raping animals. There is no way of knowing whether the animal has given consent or if they are enjoying it.
    If you want to make a claim of rape prove that consent was not given

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    The rape law demands that consent be given or the perpetrator had a reasonable belief that it was given. Now, you tell me how any human can have a reasonable belief that any animal is consenting to sex. I doubt many juries would give a defendant that claimed he had such a belief much credence.

ReputationRep:
    There is no way of knowing that animals can give consent. How do you know that a animal can't give consent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    The rape law demands that consent be given or the perpetrator had a reasonable belief that it was given. Now, you tell me how any human can have a reasonable belief that any animal is consenting to sex. I doubt many juries would give a defendant that claimed he had such a belief much credence.
    It’s actually (https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2003/42/section/1)

(b)B does not consent to the penetration, and
    (c)A does not reasonably believe that B consents.

That second part is irrelevant if you cannot prove that consent was not given.

So prove that there would be no consent, you have to prove both

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr T 999)
    There is no way of knowing that animals can give consent. How do you know that a animal can't give consent?
    Rape requires you to prove there was no consent.

ReputationRep:
    So prove that there would be no consent, you have to prove both
    OK. So you have just shown that the rape law would not protect animals from sexual predators like you and your fellow-travellers. The law as it stands is therefore necessary.

ReputationRep:
    OK. So you have just shown that the rape law would not protect animals from sexual predators like you and your fellow-travellers. The law as it stands is therefore necessary.
    It is not necessary and infringes on the freedom of the people

ReputationRep:
    It is not necessary and infringes on the freedom of the people
    It obviously is necessary. I am not an animal rights wowser but I certainly believe they have a right not to be sexually molested by humans who find it difficult (and, for the life of me, I can't think why) to form relationships with other humans.

ReputationRep:
    It obviously is necessary. I am not an animal rights wowser but I certainly believe they have a right not to be sexually molested by humans who find it difficult (and, for the life of me, I can't think why) to form relationships with other humans.
    Are you a vegetarian or vegan?

(Original post by Rakas21)
      B1283 - Sexual activity with animals bill 2017, Submitted by Joecphillips seconded by Connor27

A
      BILL TO
      Legalise sex with animals.

BE IT ENACTED by The Queen's most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Commons in this present Parliament assembled, in accordance with the provisions of the Parliament Acts 1911 and 1949, and by the authority of the same, as follows:—

1- Repeal
      (1) Section 69 of the sexual offences act is hereby repealed

2- Citation and commencement
      (1) This Act extends to the United Kingdom.
      (2) The provisions of this Act come into force on Royal Assent
      (3) This Act may be referred to as the Sexual Activity With A Animal Act 2017

Notes:
      http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2003/42/section/69
      The state should have no place in restricting anyone's sex life because they disagree with it.

This logic would allow paedophilia :fyi:

ReputationRep:
      Are you a vegetarian or vegan?
      No. Neither am I an animal rapist.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Tootles)
      This logic would allow paedophilia :fyi:
      See the argument already posted, the states only role is to protect people’s rights, do you believe an animal is a person or has human rights? If you do are you a vegan?

ReputationRep:
      No. Neither am I an animal rapist.
      So you believe in animal rights but not the most basic right which is the right to life? Please be consistent.
      • Community Assistant
      • Political Ambassador
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      The notes aren't that convincing. Even if it was I would still be opposed.

See the argument already posted, the states only role is to protect people’s rights, do you believe an animal is a person or has human rights? If you do are you a vegan?
        If that were true, why would cases of animal cruelty be getting successfully convicted? Why would the RSPCA have the authority they do? Are you proposing to rescind all protections currently afforded to animals?

ReputationRep:
        If that were true, why would cases of animal cruelty be getting successfully convicted? Why would the RSPCA have the authority they do? Are you proposing to rescind all protections currently afforded to animals?
        Not in this bill

Not in this bill
          But eventually?

ReputationRep:
          But eventually?
          I don’t see how that is relevant to this bill

I don’t see how that is relevant to this bill
            It is relevant because your motivation is questionable. You have openly shown distain and a lack of compassion for animals, which is rather distressing.

Allow me to ask a different question, given the tone of your proposal: why are you proposing to allow sex with animals? Historical cases of zoophilia are almost always linked with other forms of abuse, so it seems fair to follow that your intention would be to allow other forms of abuse eventually too.

Is that not your motivation? Or are you simply of a mind to shag a horse, this evening?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 16, 2017
        • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
          What newspaper do you read/prefer?
        • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
          Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.