Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Pros and cons of a MacBook for a nursing degree or any degree Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey so I need a laptop asap but want to get somat to last can anyone let me know the prose and cons of doing uni work on a MacBooks ?

ReputationRep:
    I have one for schoolwork, and they are amazing. The pros for me are definitely the sleek, light design so I can carry it around easily and the simplicity of the software, so I know exactly where everything is....and I don't have any cons, maybe that I'm a bit scared to drop it? Lol
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aronofskygal)
    I have one for schoolwork, and they are amazing. The pros for me are definitely the sleek, light design so I can carry it around easily and the simplicity of the software, so I know exactly where everything is....and I don't have any cons, maybe that I'm a bit scared to drop it? Lol
    Haha okay thanks and is there any other cons you've noticed when doing certain work like dowloading documents aofrwares or anything where you weren't able to Use your MacBook and had to use something else

ReputationRep:
    anybody else have one?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cookies89)
    Hey so I need a laptop asap but want to get somat to last can anyone let me know the prose and cons of doing uni work on a MacBooks ?
    Hi there!

This thread should be in the Laptops forum. I'll just tag AngryJellyfish to get this moved over there

There's no con's as of such, IMO. The only con, and it's a massive con, is that they're not cheap!

Which MacBook were you looking at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cookies89)
    Haha okay thanks and is there any other cons you've noticed when doing certain work like dowloading documents aofrwares or anything where you weren't able to Use your MacBook and had to use something else
    It's unlikely you'll encounter any compatibility issues (except for gaming which I don't think is relevant here), Macs are so popular now especially in universities.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.