Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    made application to sfe in april 2017 obvsly for a loan and maintence loan.. got approved in june.. wasnt assessed on income however but on entitlement letter it said theyll do it since my mom gave her info, then by august nothing changed i phoned them and they said to send pff2 form since my mom got some of her details wrong.. 30th august i sent it.. its now 4th october still no reply, phoned them, useless idoits dont know whats going on, my rent for uni is £6 difference from my first payment. **** you student finance.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by conc3pt)
    made application to sfe in april 2017 obvsly for a loan and maintence loan.. got approved in june.. wasnt assessed on income however but on entitlement letter it said theyll do it since my mom gave her info, then by august nothing changed i phoned them and they said to send pff2 form since my mom got some of her details wrong.. 30th august i sent it.. its now 4th october still no reply, phoned them, useless idoits dont know whats going on, my rent for uni is £6 difference from my first payment. **** you student finance.
    Not sure why you're complaining - if you'd provided your household income as soon as you applied, you wouldn't have this issue. Poor planning on your part, not SFE's problem.

ReputationRep:
    recommend using a student overdraft in the mean time while it gets sorted out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWMTom)
    Not sure why you're complaining - if you'd provided your household income as soon as you applied, you wouldn't have this issue. Poor planning on your part, not SFE's problem.
    I did provide it, i did everything i had to do, then i dont even get assessed on household income, this isnt a isolated situation, 3 people i've met at uni have the same problem too.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I did provide it, i did everything i had to do, then i dont even get assessed on household income, this isnt a isolated situation, 3 people i've met at uni have the same problem too.
    Do you actually realise how difficult it is to assess every student quickly year on year? At the busiest times, it can sometimes take 3 working weeks to do an assessment!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Do you actually realise how difficult it is to assess every student quickly year on year? At the busiest times, it can sometimes take 3 working weeks to do an assessment!
    i got my application approved on june 1st. I waited until 25th august and then i called them!! then they said they needed a pff2 form.1 month later and now they say they dont need that, they want evidence??!?! such a terribly run company, they need major a reform. 4 months of waiting for nothing!! is that too long , nah give em a 1 year because its so busy...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    i got my application approved on june 1st. I waited until 25th august and then i called them!! then they said they needed a pff2 form.1 month later and now they say they dont need that, they want evidence??!?! such a terribly run company, they need major a reform
    It all comes down to the fact you provided incorrect information.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Get a part-time job then

ReputationRep:
    It all comes down to the fact you provided incorrect information.
    I never!! They never said anything was wrong they are just clueless , one person does this then one person says that and it just goes in a circle!! 4 months and now they say i need to send evidence, for what i asked??? no reason!! everything checked with HMRC so there was nothing wrong. and you want to defend this manipulative company!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack22031994)
    Get a part-time job then
    wow sherlock you sure are smart. I know my options available to me, Its annoying that i have to deal with this *****y run company because they are lazy as ****
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    This is unfortunate but not uncommon, or as above, wholly outside of your control.

Your university may be able to assist with their emergency student fund, depending on circumstances. Realistically I would suggest setting up your student overdraft, which is usually interest free - this is the situation it's there for.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    wow sherlock you sure are smart. I know my options available to me, Its annoying that i have to deal with this *****y run company because they are lazy as F*ck
    You're not the only one who has to deal with them. Get over it and stop thinking you're some sort of special case when you aren't.

ReputationRep:
    oh is that your response, "get over it".. get over it, haha, Well obviously you would be very calm and relaxed knowing sfe f*cked you over just because of their terrible administration. No i wont get over it, its a problem that is f*cked up, but noo Jack22031994 (assuming maybe those are the same numbers in your bank account perhaps?), advises to just "get over it", give me some of that weed you smoking pls.
    Why do people always bully students over finance on forums?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Replicant89)
    Why do people always bully students over finance on forums?
    im the bully?
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    oh is that your response, "get over it".. get over it, haha, Well obviously you would be very calm and relaxed knowing sfe f*cked you over just because of their terrible administration. No i wont get over it, its a problem that is f*cked up, but noo Jack22031994 (assuming maybe those are the same numbers in your bank account perhaps?), advises to just "get over it", give me some of that weed you smoking pls.
    Well, if could refrain from swearing and weren't acting like you're some kind of special case, maybe I'd have different advice.

SFE are not perfect, I know but ranting and raving isn't going to help. In the mean time, the best thing to do is get a job.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    He's got a point though. Everyone has to go through the same procedure, and it takes time - this is why you're advised to not only apply early, but submit all relevant evidence promptly.

Student Finance England processes thousands upon thousands of applications each academic year, and on the whole does a good job. Many students complain that the system is unfair, or that they're incompetent - it's very difficult to conduct such a mass operation perfectly, and in my experience, most students complaining have mucked up their application one way or another.

Do what's been requested, and wait it out. Learn from your mistakes this year for future applications.

ReputationRep:
    He's got a point though. Everyone has to go through the same procedure, and it takes time - this is why you're advised to not only apply early, but submit all relevant evidence promptly.

Student Finance England processes thousands upon thousands of applications each academic year, and on the whole does a good job. Many students complain that the system is unfair, or that they're incompetent - it's very difficult to conduct such a mass operation perfectly, and in my experience, most students complaining have mucked up their application one way or another.

Do what's been requested, and wait it out. Learn from your mistakes this year for future applications.
    Fair enough, does make sense I guess, oh well, ill keep in mind what you said, thnx

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I quoted wrong. I meant the other people being rude to you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.