The Student Room Group

Private candidate

Hi, I don't know if it's a good idea to study a level math, chemistry, biology, psychology and law as a private studentAnyone here studying as a private at home? Any advices?Would there be any coursework and practical assessments?What examboard would be good?
Original post by Philip.dn
Hi, I don't know if it's a good idea to study a level math, chemistry, biology, psychology and law as a private studentAnyone here studying as a private at home? Any advices?Would there be any coursework and practical assessments?What examboard would be good?

5 A levels is a lot. How do you know you will cope?

Go to the exam board and look at the subject specifications to see what exams there are.

Chemistry and Biology you will need to sort out the practicals.

You also need to find an exam centre.
it would be very expensive and difficult. A levels like bio and chem have coursework and practical assements that you would have to find a centre for and pay for
Isn't 5A levels a bit too much? Not to sound discouraging just a bit concerned.
Reply 3
Original post by Philip.dn

It's difficult to find an exam centre for practical exams, so chemistry and biology would be very expensive
Reply 4
Original post by Matilda612
it would be very expensive and difficult. A levels like bio and chem have coursework and practical assements that you would have to find a centre for and pay for
Isn't 5A levels a bit too much? Not to sound discouraging just a bit concerned.

I'm not planning on doing all of them, im still trying to figure out which a level is suitable for me. I got all A* in all my gcse and couldn't decide if should study BA or BS degree when I get to university so that's why I'm trying to pull as many opinions as I possibly can

Quick Reply