The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University 2018 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

I got offered an interview for an unconditional offer and that sounds really terrifying!

Has anyone had an interview yet (not sure about the timeline)? What kind of questions will they ask? Will it be subject-specific? And if I messed up the interview, my conditional offer would still stand right? x
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Loool people getting unconditionals with predicted grades and I cant even get an interview with AAAA achieved 😂😂
Name: Sam
Course: Chem Eng BEng
Predicted: AAB
Other uni's Surrey, Lough, Aston, Greenwich.
Name: Georgia
Course: variety of design courses
Achieved Grades: A in Biology, A in Geography, A in Epq
Predicted Grades: A in chemistry (resitting)
Other Universities: Edinburgh, York, Leeds

Good luck to everyone! 😊
Reply 224
Just got confirmation from Lancaster that they've received my application :redface: :redface: :redface: *nerves intensifying*
Original post by lazaroguille
It is because they have told me that there isnt much to do there and that lancaster is too small. I am from Spain and probably can't visit it so im quite scared of choosing a dead place.

Hey,
I visited on one of their campus tours and the uni itself seemed to have lots going on, there was plenty of facilities and it had loads of clubs and societies to get involved with too. I loved it and it seemed really different to all the others. Good luck!
Hey,
I’m Brittney,
Applying for social work,
Predicted 3 A’s.
And also applying for Strathclyde, Cumbria and Edge Hill.
Good luck everyone!
I got an offer a few days ago for Finance and Economics. AAB or ABB + B in my EPQ. Really excited, probably will be firming it.
Got an offer of AAB for English Lit a couple of days ago, but I got a letter inviting me for an unconditional offer upgrade today! Good luck to everyone else!
Original post by Sam O'Sullivan
Got an offer of AAB for English Lit a couple of days ago, but I got a letter inviting me for an unconditional offer upgrade today! Good luck to everyone else!

That’s amazing, congrats!
Original post by Brittney.s1
That’s amazing, congrats!

Thank you! :smile:
Taj
Criminology
AAB
Leicester, Leeds, York and City
I have offers from all of them
Reply 232

Original post by seawaif
I got offered an interview for an unconditional offer and that sounds really terrifying!

Has anyone had an interview yet (not sure about the timeline)? What kind of questions will they ask? Will it be subject-specific? And if I messed up the interview, my conditional offer would still stand right? x

What courses did you guys apply to? and how long after submitting your UCAS did it take to get an offer?
Original post by Avaia
What courses did you guys apply to? and how long after submitting your UCAS did it take to get an offer?

I applied for English Lit, I got an offer 6 days after sending off my UCAS but my letter for the unconditional interview came 3 days after that.
Reply 234
I applied for English Lit, I got an offer 6 days after sending off my UCAS but my letter for the unconditional interview came 3 days after that.

Ohhh thank you :3 and congratulations on your offers :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by Avaia
Ohhh thank you :3 and congratulations on your offers :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Thank you! Good luck with your application! :smile:
Reply 236
Hi I’m Charl:smile:
Course: Biomedicine with a placement year
Predicted Grades: A*A*A
Other Universities: Universities of Liverpool, Warwick and Sheffield!

I have received an unconditional offer which I am over the moon about!! :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Avaia

I’m applying for English Lang & Creative Writing and got my conditional offer about four days after sending, and unconditional three days after that.
Name: Ervan
Course: Entrepreneurship and Management with Placement year
Other unis: Leeds, Sheffield, Sussex, Manchester
Predicted grades: it is different for me as I am taking the Romanian Baccalaureate.
Sent my application today and I hope I will get a response soon.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 239
Name: Zalan
Course: Biology w/ Psychology
Other unis: Loughborough (offer), Durham (still awaiting for an offer), Newcastle (offer)
Predicted grades: 5*554 (I'm doing the Hungarian Matura :P)
Higher Levels: 90% at Higher Level Biology
Standard Levels: 80% in Literature, 80% in History, 60% in Maths
Achieved grades: English at Higher Level (Grade 5*; 90%) at Grade 11
Sent my application 2 weeks ago. Got an offer for Psychology because of the lack of two science subject at Higher Level.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending