The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University 2018 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Betsy_2018
Yeah same, I just didn’t know if there was any reason for Lancaster specifically? I really like the major/minor system. I also like the range of optional modules for the course.
you know when people get “the feeling” when they go to a uni and find the right one - I got it with Lancaster! Especially for creative writing which is what my main focus is! I just fell in love with the uni x
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by Oliviasnow
you know when people get “the feeling” when they go to a uni and find the right one - I got it with Lancaster! Especially for creative writing which is what my main focus is! I just fell in love with the uni x

I am so pleased for you. With that positive frame of mind I just know you will succeed. It's not just the intelligence but also having the right positive approach. Congratulations.
Original post by charliefarly
I am so pleased for you. With that positive frame of mind I just know you will succeed. It's not just the intelligence but also having the right positive approach. Congratulations.
that is sweet thank you so much x do you want to go to Lancaster too?
that is sweet thank you so much x do you want to go to Lancaster too?

Well actually it is my son who has an unconditional offer doing mathematics with computer science He applied to Cambridge, Durham, Lancaster,York and Warwick. He has offers from Warwick, York, Lancaster and we await Durham. He had an interview at Cambridge and missed out but he is brilliant he truly is. He is really upset about missing out on Cambridge but I know he will rise above that. He is thinking about taking the offer from Lancaster. I feel Lancaster is perfect for him. I always wished I had the chance to go to university but sadly never did. He had the chance to be the first family member in generations to go to university and I know he will succeed. He loves his music playing the piano and singing and writes powerful poetry as well.
Original post by charliefarly
Well actually it is my son who has an unconditional offer doing mathematics with computer science He applied to Cambridge, Durham, Lancaster,York and Warwick. He has offers from Warwick, York, Lancaster and we await Durham. He had an interview at Cambridge and missed out but he is brilliant he truly is. He is really upset about missing out on Cambridge but I know he will rise above that. He is thinking about taking the offer from Lancaster. I feel Lancaster is perfect for him. I always wished I had the chance to go to university but sadly never did. He had the chance to be the first family member in generations to go to university and I know he will succeed. He loves his music playing the piano and singing and writes powerful poetry as well.
wow he sounds very talented and I’m sure he will go far :smile: I fell in love with Lancaster so I can’t recommend it more :smile:
wow he sounds very talented and I’m sure he will go far :smile: I fell in love with Lancaster so I can’t recommend it more :smile:

Ahh thank you. Your words are very kind.

I got that too, and I’m also hoping to study Creative Writing! What are you combining it with? Are you going to an applicant visit day? 😊 x
Original post by seawaif
I got that too, and I’m also hoping to study Creative Writing! What are you combining it with? Are you going to an applicant visit day? 😊 x

I’m combining art and English language !! :smile: I’m not going to a visit day because it is so far away from me and I have already been so I know what’s in store! What are you combining it with and are you going to the visit day? X
Just got my unconditional ( already holding grades ) for PPE :borat:

...Just need to look at all the different colleges now!
I’m combining art and English language !! :smile: I’m not going to a visit day because it is so far away from me and I have already been so I know what’s in store! What are you combining it with and are you going to the visit day? X

Ooh that sounds great!! I’ve no clue what I’ll do as a minor in my first year, maybe Graphics or linguistics? And I’m combining it with English Language too :smile: It’s a shame you can’t go, but yes I am, and if they give out any useful information I can tell you about it? x
Original post by seawaif
Ooh that sounds great!! I’ve no clue what I’ll do as a minor in my first year, maybe Graphics or linguistics? And I’m combining it with English Language too :smile: It’s a shame you can’t go, but yes I am, and if they give out any useful information I can tell you about it? x
ah i’ll See you there then babe!!! And yeah that would be amazing thank you!! X
Name: Kimberley
Course: Business Management
Predicted Grades: A*AB
Offer: AAB
Other Universities: Chester, Central Lancashire, Leeds Trinity & Edinburgh Napier

I've had all my offers now & Lancaster are my firm.

Anyone else hoping to study business at Lancaster?
Original post by SophieRoe
What other Unis are you applying to? I am also doing History :smile:

I applied to Oxford, Exeter, and Birmingham (I also applied to St Andrew's but withdrew my application so I could firm Oxford asap).
Original post by seawaif

I haven't had any info about a visit day? I grew up in Lancaster so I know what to expect, but I haven't been round the Uni campus in years!

Yep, i got it too, I went there on the summer school, applied for maths, got an offer. Dunno whether I'll get the grades or not, but swansea is my insurance
Original post by AndrewMarkSP
I haven't had any info about a visit day? I grew up in Lancaster so I know what to expect, but I haven't been round the Uni campus in years!

Apparently this particular day is for unconditional offer holders, but I figured there’d be a general one, too? Maybe keep looking out for one, there might be one in the future.
Original post by The-Hof123
Yep, i got it too, I went there on the summer school, applied for maths, got an offer. Dunno whether I'll get the grades or not, but swansea is my insurance

Fingers crossed you’ll get it !! Fully fell in love with it
Original post by The-Hof123

Be positive you will get the grades. I know it.
What accomodation is everyone looking at? X
Name: Grace
Course: Business Management (Study Abroad)
Predicted Grades: D*D*D* (and already achieved an A in financial studies)
Other Universities: Uni of Liverpool

Got my offer over a month ago for grades DDD!

Looking for a good university with a good social life, so I need to decide whether I want campus based or city based the most!

Quick Reply