The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University 2018 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by felogreen69
Thanks for this - so how would they decide who to give an unconditional to?

Typically it is for applicants that well surpass the entry requirements, though I believe interviews are held when they are on the fence about giving one. My friend, for example, who applied for Cambridge with A*A*A predictions got an unconditional, likely to try and attract him to Lancaster.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by xBasedChris
Typically it is for applicants that well surpass the entry requirements, though I believe interviews are held when they are on the fence about giving one. My friend, for example, who applied for Cambridge with A*A*A predictions got an unconditional, likely to try and attract him to Lancaster.

Great, thanks Chris, really appreciate the reply
Hi!
Name: Rowan
Course: History
Predicted grades: A*AA (History, English Literature and Chemistry respectively, plus an EPQ)
I'm also applying for history at Bristol, Durham, Exeter and Warwick.
Best of luck in the application process! :smile:
studying medicine at Lancaster - happy to answer any questions :smile:
Original post by Rowlexus
Hi!
Name: Rowan
Course: History
Predicted grades: A*AA (History, English Literature and Chemistry respectively, plus an EPQ)
I'm also applying for history at Bristol, Durham, Exeter and Warwick.
Best of luck in the application process! :smile:

Fellow History applicant here! Good luck :smile: I'm also applying to History (+ Ancient History) at Exeter.
Original post by StevetheIcecube
Fellow History applicant here! Good luck :smile: I'm also applying to History (+ Ancient History) at Exeter.

That's brilliant! Very best of luck to you! :smile:
Name: Hannah
Course: Psychology
Predicted Grades: AAA (?)
Other Universities: Chester, Manchester, Sheffield, Nottingham
Name: Evie
Course: International Relations
Predicted Grades: A*A*A*
Other Universities: Cambridge, Sussex, York, Bristol/Cardiff
Name: Meg
Course: Law with Politics (LLB)
Predicted Grades: AAAB (already achieved grade A in the Extended Project)
Other Universities: Leicester, Birmingham, York and Cardiff
(edited 6 years ago)
Name: Leanne
Course: English Language
Predicted Grades: A*AA
Other Universities: Birmingham, Manchester and Warwick
Reply 30
Ooh i'm looking at psychology as well!! Have you sent off your UCAS yet?
Original post by princesshan

Course: chemical engineering MEng
Predictions: A*A*A*A*
Other Unis : Cambridge, Loughborough, Birmingham and probably Strathclyde

Hoping to hear back soon as I’d love to have an offer in the bag. Visited for a headstart course and it was really nice except for the food and the 3 am fire alarm. Almost getting stranded in Crewe on the way home wasn’t great either!
Name: Ellie
Course: Philosophy and Politics
Predicated grades: AAAB
Other universities: Southampton, Cardiff, Birmingham and East Anglia
Original post by wolto
I want to study this exact course and yeah the campus is beautiful!

Omg thats awesome! My UCAS Application got sent off today i'm just waiting for it to be processed. Is it CS you want to do or Management and IT? I don't know anyone who wants to do at least one of them :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 34
Original post by Sabi120
Omg thats awesome! My UCAS Application got sent off today i'm just waiting for it to be processed. Is it CS you want to do or Management and IT? I don't know anyone who wants to do at least one of them :smile:

Funny thing is I applied for computer network in different universities and I applied for management and IT in universities that had high entry requirements for compsci so I basically aimed for computing courses I can get into sadly haven’t sent my application yet still doing personal statement
Original post by wolto
Funny thing is I applied for computer network in different universities and I applied for management and IT in universities that had high entry requirements for compsci so I basically aimed for computing courses I can get into sadly haven’t sent my application yet still doing personal statement

Oh, I applied to Management and IT at Manchester, 2 courses at Lancaster (CS and Management and IT). Computer Forensics and Security at UCLAN and Leeds Beckett So yeah its all mixed but all computer related. :colondollar: My only problem was that I didn't take A Level Maths so I couldn't aim for more unis for CS.
Reply 36
Original post by Sabi120
Oh, I applied to Management and IT at Manchester, 2 courses at Lancaster (CS and Management and IT). Computer Forensics and Security at UCLAN and Leeds Beckett So yeah its all mixed but all computer related. :colondollar: My only problem was that I didn't take A Level Maths so I couldn't aim for more unis for CS.

Exactly same with me, did you just tailor your personal statement to computing then instead of mentioning specific topics, and yeah hopefully we get good offers 🙏🏾 good luck on your application
Original post by wolto
Exactly same with me, did you just tailor your personal statement to computing then instead of mentioning specific topics, and yeah hopefully we get good offers 🙏🏾 good luck on your application

Thank you! I just kept it to computing but discussed the units done in my IT course and work experience and wrote about how it would link to the degree for e.g. problem solving, team work etc. Good luck to you too! I'll let you know how it all goes:h:
Reply 38
Original post by felogreen69
Name: Felix
Course: Physics
Predicted Grades: A*A*A
Other Universities: Durham, Loughborough, Leeds

Am just wondering, do Lancaster always interview for Physics? Lancaster is definitely my favourite. Love the course and the facilities

Hi Felix, I've also applied to physics at Lancaster. As far as I know all applicants to physics at Lancaster are interviewed. They mention it on their website:
http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/physics/undergraduate/visit-us/

I applied ~10 days ago and so far ive only revieced an acknowledgement email, fingers crossed that we both got an interview and an offer. 👍
Original post by Tsalmon
Hi Felix, I've also applied to physics at Lancaster. As far as I know all applicants to physics at Lancaster are interviewed. They mention it on their website:
http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/physics/undergraduate/visit-us/

I applied ~10 days ago and so far ive only revieced an acknowledgement email, fingers crossed that we both got an interview and an offer. 👍

yes definitely! let me know when you hear...I'll be putting my application in in the next two -three weeks. is this your first choice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending