Name: Lucy
    Course: History and English Literature
    Predicted Grades: A*A*A*
    Other universities: Oxford, Durham York and Sheffield
    Still waiting for an offer eeeeek!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabi120)
    Thank you! I just kept it to computing but discussed the units done in my IT course and work experience and wrote about how it would link to the degree for e.g. problem solving, team work etc. Good luck to you too! I'll let you know how it all goes
    Ah nice thanks for the tips pretty much what I’m doing now, I might get a placement next year and apparently I’m doing a Cisco project as well which I could probably put on my statement, I will let you know when I send it off 👍🏾

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolto)
    Ah nice thanks for the tips pretty much what I’m doing now, I might get a placement next year and apparently I’m doing a Cisco project as well which I could probably put on my statement, I will let you know when I send it off 👍🏾
    Aah thats nice! My application got sent off to the unis today just need to wait :redface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cravez)
    studying medicine at Lancaster - happy to answer any questions
    What year are you in at uni?

ReputationRep:
    What year are you in at uni?
    first

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snoozinghamster)
    Course: chemical engineering MEng
    Predictions: A*A*A*A*
    Other Unis : Cambridge, Loughborough, Birmingham and probably Strathclyde

Hoping to hear back soon as I’d love to have an offer in the bag. Visited for a headstart course and it was really nice except for the food and the 3 am fire alarm. Almost getting stranded in Crewe on the way home wasn’t great either!
    I’m thinking the exact same as Lancaster is the final offer I’m waiting for (Oxford has their own process and Durham don’t make decisions till gone January!) They said they’d be back to me ‘very soon’ but that was over 2 weeks ago now which doesn’t seem like very soon to me. Also Crewe is really the LAST place you’d want to be stranded! It’s an absolute trash hole ahaha! (Slightly bitter because I’m unlucky enough to live there.)

Good luck with your Offers!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilySarah00)
    I’m thinking the exact same as Lancaster is the final offer I’m waiting for (Oxford has their own process and Durham don’t make decisions till gone January!) They said they’d be back to me ‘very soon’ but that was over 2 weeks ago now which doesn’t seem like very soon to me. Also Crewe is really the LAST place you’d want to be stranded! It’s an absolute trash hole ahaha! (Slightly bitter because I’m unlucky enough to live there.)

Good luck with your Offers!!
    To be honest the only area of Crewe I saw was the station but when you’re there and the last train home gets cancelled it doesn’t become your favourite place.
    Good luck with your Oxford application.

ReputationRep:
    Oh do you have accommodation over there or travel? I live near Nelson so idk if i'm going to live on campus or take transport i still have time to think about it but its going to be a problem :confused:
    Most students in first year live on campus but some, like myself, live off campus but still in Lancaster. Most people in second year onwards then live off campus. It is quite a small city so it doesnt take very long to get anywhere. Coming in from Nelson should be fine. I know people who drive from Manchester and Preston every day.

ReputationRep:
    Name: Avi
    Course: Law/Law & Criminology
    Predicted Grades: 45 Distinctions (Access to HE)
    Other Universities: I applied to Lancaster twice, Sheffield, Keel and UCLAN

Lancaster is the most beautiful city I have ever visited, the campus was so amazing, talking to tutors and the students there really confirmed it as the place I wish to go, hence the double application

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by felogreen69)
    yes definitely! let me know when you hear...I'll be putting my application in in the next two -three weeks. is this your first choice?
    I haven't really decided on my first choice as yet as I'm waiting for offers to come through before I make my mind up (plus I really like all of the unis I applied to so it'll be tough to decide ). I think if I get an offer for nat sci at Durham that'll probably be my first but they say that they don't make offers until January so it's going to be a long wait.
    Is Lancaster your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vez16)
    Ooh i'm looking at psychology as well!! Have you sent off your UCAS yet?
    Not yet - hopefully after half term!

ReputationRep:
    ANyone had an offer from Law yet?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when they usually give you offers by? Especially for Computer Science?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when they usually give you offers by? Especially for Computer Science?
    It's a first come, first served basis. Last year I got an offer 10 working days after applying.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for replying! are you at Lancaster rn?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for replying! are you at Lancaster rn?
    Nope, I'm taking a year off and reapplying to try for some other places after getting A*A*A. Lancaster remains one of my choices, though.

ReputationRep:
    Ohh that's cool! I wish you all the best!👍

ReputationRep:
    I now have an offer from my second choice for my firm, so I don't actually know if I'll bother taking Lancaster up if they give me an offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avaia)
    Name: Avi
    Course: Law/Law & Criminology
    Predicted Grades: 45 Distinctions (Access to HE)
    Other Universities: I applied to Lancaster twice, Sheffield, Keel and UCLAN

Lancaster is the most beautiful city I have ever visited, the campus was so amazing, talking to tutors and the students there really confirmed it as the place I wish to go, hence the double application
    Hi👋🏻 I’ve applied for the same courses and I’m also currently doing an access course and predicted all distinctions! Haven’t heard back yet though, sent my application off a couple weeks ago!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasmineelkins)
    Hi👋🏻 I’ve applied for the same courses and I’m also currently doing an access course and predicted all distinctions! Haven’t heard back yet though, sent my application off a couple weeks ago!
    woooo :3 im just waiting for my tutor to do reference now...he is slow 😂😂

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.