Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Name: Sarah
    Course: Maths
    Predicted Grades: A*A*AA
    Other Universities: Bath, Nottingham, Birmigham and Exeter

Sent on the 16th of October and had 2 offers so far (Exeter and Nottingham) really hoping I’ll hear back soon they said (on the 19th) they’d “be in touch soon” 😅 good luck everyone!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy Rogers)
    Has anyone been given a conditional offer, but got a letter inviting you to come to an interview so they can decide whether to upgrade it to unconditional? I've applied for English Lit and History x
    My friend has, but she's gonna decline, as she wants to go to cambridge.

I'm still waiting for my offer from Lancaster, I'd love to go there :/

ReputationRep:
    Got an unconditional for geography today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Hof123)
    My friend has, but she's gonna decline, as she wants to go to cambridge.

I'm still waiting for my offer from Lancaster, I'd love to go there :/
    lol why wouldn't she still attend, cambridge isn't certain even if you want to go more than anything. Unless she has another backup that she likes more than Lancaster, I'd probably try to convince her to go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie_cats)
    lol why wouldn't she still attend, cambridge isn't certain even if you want to go more than anything. Unless she has another backup that she likes more than Lancaster, I'd probably try to convince her to go
    Yeah, she's got Warwick and Bristol, and I've tried

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Hof123)
    Yeah, she's got Warwick and Bristol, and I've tried
    ah that's great! Hope you get an offer soon!! they seem to be a bit slower than usual with offers this year, so I wouldn't worry

ReputationRep:
    My friend got an offer for nuclear engineering today at Lancaster! Seems like they're starting to slowly give out offers now fingers crossed.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Name: Luke
    Course: Maths G101
    Predicted: A*A*AA + A* epq
    Other universities: Nottingham, st andrews, imperial, oxford

Offer (6/11/17) - Unconditional!

ReputationRep:
    Just got an AAB (reduced offer) for Lancaster History, unconditional if firm! Actually rethinking my choices now, I might make Lancaster my insurance or maybe even my firm. Will have to do a bit more research!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Got an unconditional for Politics Study Abroad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xBasedChris)
    Got an unconditional for Politics Study Abroad
    aha glad they finally replied to you! congrats!

ReputationRep:
    aha glad they finally replied to you! congrats!
    Thank you! It took longer than it did last year, when I only had predictions! :P It seems they've been extremely slow across the board this year, though.

ReputationRep:
    Course: Medicine
    Achieved Alevel Grades: A*AAAb
    Other Universities: King's, Liverpool, Bristol, Bham biomed (got unconditional!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xBasedChris)
    Thank you! It took longer than it did last year, when I only had predictions! :P It seems they've been extremely slow across the board this year, though.
    so true, last year my friend had an offer within a week but this year it took them a month to give me an offer lol, oh well at least it's another offer in the bag

ReputationRep:
    so true, last year my friend had an offer within a week but this year it took them a month to give me an offer lol, oh well at least it's another offer in the bag
    Yep :P I have as many offers now as I did all last cycle, so at least I've matched my success there XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cravez)
    studying medicine at Lancaster - happy to answer any questions
    hows the nightlife?

ReputationRep:
    Got an unconditional for geography today
    What predicted grades did you have out of interest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oxbridge_)
    hows the nightlife?
    Hard question since I am not really one for partying (i am assuming thats what you mean by nightlife). Of the little I have heard/seen its not amazing. Lancaster is a a rather quiet place even when the students are around so there isnt really much 'to do' apart from study, go gym, do sports, join societies, Lake District etc.
    If you have a car it makes life alot more interesting because you can travel to Manchester for the nightlife there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11camerl22)
    What predicted grades did you have out of interest?
    I left school in 2016 so already have grades of a*aa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cravez)
    Hard question since I am not really one for partying (i am assuming thats what you mean by nightlife). Of the little I have heard/seen its not amazing. Lancaster is a a rather quiet place even when the students are around so there isnt really much 'to do' apart from study, go gym, do sports, join societies, Lake District etc.
    If you have a car it makes life alot more interesting because you can travel to Manchester for the nightlife there.
    Ah fair enough, studies before the sesh anyway! Hopefully I get into medicine there, liked the Uni

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.