Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I know that each placement has between an 8 to 1 and a 15 to 1 applicant to placement ratio, but does anyone have a rough idea how many applicants would get 4 GEM rejections in one application cycle (after interview not after degree results).
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Probably the vast majority of applicants?

ReputationRep:
    So my chances of not getting into one of my 4 choices is far higher than being accepted by 1 of them?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I would immagine that the majority of GEM applicants do not get accepted to any places

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrstlc13)
    So my chances of not getting into one of my 4 choices is far higher than being accepted by 1 of them?
    Yep. The same is true for school leaverson their first application cycle. The thing to remember is that medicine is hard to get into, even people perceived to be the 'perfect' medical school applicant do get rejected. Sometimes it's because your application isn't strong enough, other times it's just hard luck (especially for GEM I believe).

What you can do to better your chances is apply strategically to medical schools.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I suspect the vast majority do not get a place in GEM.,

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.