Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've just been accepted on to the Access to Bristol - Physics course.

I was wondering has anyone else done this course before (Physics or any other ones!) and I was wondering what it's like?

Is it expecting you to know a lot about the subject already?

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    I completed Access to Bristol Law last year. I really enjoyed it, couldn't recommend it more. For law they don't expect you to know a lot about the subject beforehand, not sure about other subjects though. A lot of the lectures are similar to what a first year student would study, so it's fairly easy to grasp, (however it may differ from each subject idk lol) You're also not forced into contributing to the discussion either. I was really anxious about it, but I'm really glad I did. Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply!

I went to the introductory session yesterday and I'm looking forward to it - still a little nervous but feel better about doing it.

I wish they could've told us more about the course content/structure so we might be able to prepare a little!

Do you know if they give you much work to do between sessions?

I'm worried about my workload and whether it'll be a little too much!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.