Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've just been accepted on to the Access to Bristol - Physics course.

I was wondering has anyone else done this course before (Physics or any other ones!) and I was wondering what it's like?

Is it expecting you to know a lot about the subject already?

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    I completed Access to Bristol Law last year. I really enjoyed it, couldn't recommend it more. For law they don't expect you to know a lot about the subject beforehand, not sure about other subjects though. A lot of the lectures are similar to what a first year student would study, so it's fairly easy to grasp, (however it may differ from each subject idk lol) You're also not forced into contributing to the discussion either. I was really anxious about it, but I'm really glad I did. Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply!

I went to the introductory session yesterday and I'm looking forward to it - still a little nervous but feel better about doing it.

I wish they could've told us more about the course content/structure so we might be able to prepare a little!

Do you know if they give you much work to do between sessions?

I'm worried about my workload and whether it'll be a little too much!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.