Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok, basically i have liked this girl in my year for over a year now and im too worried to ask her out. I have a gay best friend and the girl is in her best friend group so im thinking of using him. Im too worried to ask her if she says no and then that will be end. it would also be very embarrasing. Im in year 11 btw and any help/advice would be appreciated
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean using him as in getting him to ask her out for you? Because that won't make you look good. Do you spend time with her regularly, know what she likes and dislikes? Are you her friend?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    No, do not use your friend to ask her out. That comes off as lacking confidence and you're more likely to get rejected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    Do you mean using him as in getting him to ask her out for you? Because that won't make you look good. Do you spend time with her regularly, know what she likes and dislikes? Are you her friend?
    yeah I agree - maybe use him to subtly see if she likes you but don't full out ask her out through him.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Don't use your best friend, that will make you look weak.

I agree with the above poster, use your best friend to see is she likes you.

Be your best self, make sure you dress well and look good, be confident in yourself, have good posture, body language.

Tell her confidently "do you want to hang out over the weekend" etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    No, what i mean is i'll privately ask him if she has told him anything about me or if he thinks shell say yes if i ask her out and i dont spend time with her and we dont really talk but i feel as though she might like but she is quite shy and i dont think she would be the one to tell me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    No, do not use your friend to ask her out. That comes off as lacking confidence and you're more likely to get rejected.
    No, ill privately ask him whether or not he thinks shell say yes if i asked her out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ineeedhellp)
    No, ill privately ask him whether or not he thinks shell say yes if i asked her out
    or just go and ask her? i mean it'll give you confidence too, and tbh, it'll show her that you can get things done yourself, independence and confidence, both things girls like in a guy :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I honestly think you should just ask her straight. I know it easier said than done, But if you don't ask her you'll never know. I know it will be emabrassing if she says no but it will hurt more if someone else gets to her before you.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.