The Student Room Group

Asking out a girl!!!

Ok, basically i have liked this girl in my year for over a year now and im too worried to ask her out. I have a gay best friend and the girl is in her best friend group so im thinking of using him. Im too worried to ask her if she says no and then that will be end. it would also be very embarrasing. Im in year 11 btw and any help/advice would be appreciated
Thanks
Do you mean using him as in getting him to ask her out for you? Because that won't make you look good. Do you spend time with her regularly, know what she likes and dislikes? Are you her friend?
Reply 2
No, do not use your friend to ask her out. That comes off as lacking confidence and you're more likely to get rejected.
Original post by DrawTheLine
Do you mean using him as in getting him to ask her out for you? Because that won't make you look good. Do you spend time with her regularly, know what she likes and dislikes? Are you her friend?

yeah I agree - maybe use him to subtly see if she likes you but don't full out ask her out through him.
Don't use your best friend, that will make you look weak.

I agree with the above poster, use your best friend to see is she likes you.

Be your best self, make sure you dress well and look good, be confident in yourself, have good posture, body language.

Tell her confidently "do you want to hang out over the weekend" etc.
Original post by DrawTheLine

No, what i mean is i'll privately ask him if she has told him anything about me or if he thinks shell say yes if i ask her out and i dont spend time with her and we dont really talk but i feel as though she might like but she is quite shy and i dont think she would be the one to tell me
Original post by UWS
No, do not use your friend to ask her out. That comes off as lacking confidence and you're more likely to get rejected.

No, ill privately ask him whether or not he thinks shell say yes if i asked her out
Original post by ineeedhellp
No, ill privately ask him whether or not he thinks shell say yes if i asked her out

or just go and ask her? i mean it'll give you confidence too, and tbh, it'll show her that you can get things done yourself, independence and confidence, both things girls like in a guy :yep:
Reply 8
I honestly think you should just ask her straight. I know it easier said than done, But if you don't ask her you'll never know. I know it will be emabrassing if she says no but it will hurt more if someone else gets to her before you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending