Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I intend on becoming an Architect and taking architecture as a degree.

However I don't want to take A-Levels such as Maths to name one.

I might take Physics but would you recommend taking physics if you're weak in maths.
    I enjoy Physics if that counts as something.

Thoughts?
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Oneiropólos)

I might take Physics but would you recommend taking physics if you're weak in maths.

Thoughts?
    Just do some research of architecture courses and compare what they actually want. Some have a large variety of acceptable A levels. Find one that fits .

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/after-gcse...file/architect

ReputationRep:
    Physics has a lot of maths but a lot of it is theory's such as the motor effect and string theory if you are willing to put in the hard work go for it

ReputationRep:

Thoughts?
    As _gcx usually says, A-Level Physics now assumes that you haven’t done A-Level Maths.

If you did Maths you’d have more practice so just make sure you practice in your spare time
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Honestly? Take Maths. Most rewarding A-level and an A is very achievable even for a weak student. A* is a bit harder but still doable for just about anybody.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:

Thoughts?
    Hey Oneiropólos,

The requirements for each architecture course differ from university to university. I suggest looking at the requirements for the universities you are looking to apply to for your architecture course. The requirements for Ravensbourne are 2 A levels grade C and above in any subject so you do not have to take maths or physics at A level if you don't want to. I suggest picking A-Levels that will help you build on your skills and courses that you enjoy doing. Taking a creative subject would help with build your portfolio.

Your portfolio should show your passion as well as your experimental and technical skills. You should show your whole design process from research to concept development to the final piece. At Ravensbournewe offer portfolio workshopsyou can attend for free. You will get feedback and interview tips. You should also check out our BA Architecture course. Our students go on various trips, are taught by industry professionals and work with industry on live briefs as well as collaborative work.

We are located in Greenwich Peninsula, London and are a design and media based institution. Our open space plan offers students the chance to work in a collaborative environment. You will be able to work with other students on different courses to help you develop your skills and projects. If you are in the area I would suggest coming to an open day to meet the tutors and get a better understanding of the course.

I hope you have a great two years at Sixth Form.

If you have any questions feel free to ask,

Danny & Row

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.